J.B.'s CC2 Levelset Feedback Thread ("Centennium II" Under Construction!)
I've played through quite a bit of your set, I'm enjoying it so far. Your levels are very elegantly designed and straight forward, this makes playing through them a breeze. I seldom feel like the solution is out of sight when playing, which is nice for a change. I'm looking forward to getting to the harder levels. Even though I feel like your set is one where the sum of the parts is what makes it great, I'm gonna give a level-by-level review of (most of) the ones I've played through so far:

1-9: Simple, nice lesson levels, I like the inclusion of teaching the player that certain things needs to be performed before others.

10: A good threshold between the lessons and the real levels

11-15: More lesson levels, I like how thorough your set is with this, so that new players can go into your set as well.

16: Nice examination level.

17: Very elegant and neatly designed lesson. I quite liked this one.

18: A good level teaching you further block-pushing principles. I liked the layout of it.

19: Ok level, a bit long with some repetitive sections (this is not because of my stupid failure on it Smiley )

20: Again, I really like how thorough the lessons are in teaching about more general principles you need to learn.

21: A lot of monster dodging which really requires you to learn their patterns, which does it's job but not too fun in practice.

22: Really nice map which tests your knowledge of the more advanced lessons. The difficulty curve is very evenly increased, which is nice.

23: An ok map, but I didn't really do the namesake of the level, I just rushed through it.

24: Short and compact level that introduces more complex principles regarding buttons. Very nicely designed.

25: A flavorful excursion to the other levels. Which in itself is nice, even though the level was merely ok.

26: Not a big fan of ice mazes.

27: I like how compact and clean these lesson levels are, they're a breeze to play through.

28: I too, did not get the hint. So it felt a bit trial and error. Never been a fan of pop-up wall mazes though.

29: I slightly harder and more esoteric in design compared to previous levels. It provides a nice change of pace.

30: Given that I normally do not like pure monster-dodging levels, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Good level of effort needed, and again, very neatly designed.

31: Nice, short level.

32: Seems a bit like an extension of the previous level, even though it has a clean design I didn't find it all to interesting or fun.

33: Great level with some new interactions not seen so far in the set. Fun to play.

34: This one is a bit of a mess to look at. Not a big fan (I played the one with custom floors though).

35: Not really doing much for me. Feels a bit aimless.

36: Cute level which requires some thought. Force field sections feels a bit unnecessary.

37: Pun title is a plus, and the sandbox game play coupled with the performance effort required made it challenging and rewarding.

Again, I really like the approach of your level set and the very even difficulty curve, which really eases you into the set.

That CC2 level looks really cool too, btw Tongue
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
J.B.'s CC2 Levelset Feedback Thread ("Centennium II" Under Construction!) - by Pulluxx - 13-Jul-2015, 4:45 PM