Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread
Quote:Specifically, this level isn't special nor did I want it to be. I was not going for the best hook level ever, I wanted to make a different kind of sokoban to provide some variety in my set.

And as such I would argue, it can make the set as a whole better, yet isolated it didn't blew my mind. So I complete agree, a set needs this type of smaller and simpler levels Slight smile

Quote:So. Removing just a bit of walking would make it a stronger level? I really don't understand that personally but it is what it is. The level isn't centered by that and I don't think a bit of walking around should discredit how good of a level it is, at least to me.

Yes, e.g. placing a teleport at the start as a shortcut to the red key would improve the playing experience for me. And fair enough, it's nitpicking, and it is overall a good level. I hope I made clear, that it is in fact criticizing on a very high level...

Quote:I don't understand this 50-50 chance of dying you're referring to. I've played this level many times and had another person play this and neither of us know what this is. I have not had an issue with anything regarding this so can you elaborate on this?

Entering the top right area, you have to chose between going straight ahead to the right, up or down. There seems to be no reason to go down first, but if you choose to go right or down, you will get killed by fire boxes, and don't even see why, since the teeth mechanic is just visible if you choose to go up.

Quote:I know there will always be levels you won't enjoy and there will be some you'll enjoy, and that goes with every person who plays this set. I'm just getting the vibe that it's more on the unenjoyable side of the spectrum from you, disregarding your ratings.

The first part is true, that's good, and not everyone likes the same type of levels, that's something each one has to keep in mind. The second part is however wrong, I really enjoy playing through your levels Thumbs up

Quote:I can't remember the last level you said you fully liked and had nothing bad to say about it, if you have at all.

Well, if I just scroll up a bit, RECKLESS and FOILED AGAIN got perfect scores, both five from five points for design as well as fun B)

Messages In This Thread
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by geodave - 03-Jun-2015, 12:07 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by Michael - 06-Jun-2015, 10:12 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 29-Jun-2015, 5:06 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 11:29 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 8:29 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 9:05 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by random 8 - 10-Oct-2015, 10:47 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by mobius - 13-Dec-2015, 2:04 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 12:40 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 3:53 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 4:24 PM