May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous
As promised, the new Time Trial is starting with a week of overlap with the old one... well kind of. You can already get the levels here... well kind of. They should be really fun and all tested and ready to go... well kind of at least partially in some sort of way at least if you look at it from a certain perspective. What I'm getting at is that there are three levels but only two of them are ready to go right now. I still need to test the third one a bit and tinker with its details, but I will soon get to updating that. In the mean time, you can already work on these first two levels. Just be sure to play them in Lynx, as this is the second time our Time Trial is not held in MS!

Enjoy and come back for the update!

Technicalities:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the three levels wins! There may be a tie in overall score.
2) You may enter in only in Lynx, not MS. You may send in your MS time on the second level, but this will not have an effect on the scoring.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The levels aren't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher.
5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a Time Trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award.
6) Submission deadline is May 24th where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designers of the levels, may enter the competition, as long as they feel to not have gained any significant advantage as a result of having some advanced knowledge of the levels. I personally will probably not take part this month.

8) The levels may receive an update within the first week of their release. (Note that the levels are not being released all at once this time.) This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first versions of the levels.

9) A participant may 'freeze' their scores at some point after submitting their own solutions. They will not be able to send in any more updates after this, but they may talk about the levels and their times with other people who have frozen their entry. I may update a public list of people who have frozen their score.

This may also be my last time trial for quite some time, so I hope it all works out well. It's been a fun ride.

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 25-Apr-2015, 9:25 AM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 28-Apr-2015, 12:12 AM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 28-Apr-2015, 6:38 AM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 28-Apr-2015, 11:27 PM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 29-Apr-2015, 11:07 PM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 04-May-2015, 1:55 PM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 07-May-2015, 2:37 PM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 25-May-2015, 2:52 AM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 27-May-2015, 1:31 AM
May 2015 Time Trial - Marvelynxous - by M11k4 - 31-May-2015, 1:49 PM