April 2015 Time Trial
Procrastinating is fun, isn't it? That's exactly what I am doing with regards to posting more comments on the create levels by starting this topic! But I am not going to keep all the procrastinations to myself, oh no, rather I hope to spread it all over to you too! All you need to do is download these levels, play them and send in your solutions. I'm sure you all have something very important to do this month, and the easiest way to get that done is to first procrastinate a bit (these levels!) and then do it afterwards! It's that simple! And fun! However there's one thing you must watch out for when doing that... don't try to blame me for tricking you into entering this Time Trial! Yes, exactly; entering this fun competition is so easy that it feels like you are procrastinating from something more important! How much better could life get??

This time there are three levels to play. The first has some gliders and you just need to dodge them. The second is a maze, but there are some short cuts you may choose to take. The third requires some monster manipulating but should still be fun. All these were made by Ihavenoname248, so thank you for submitting them for use here! I hope to see some stiff competition this month, as well as some valiant effort from many people. Perhaps we could attempt to break the record of how many participants are in a Time Trial!

Enjoy!

Technicalities:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the three levels wins! There may be a tie in overall score.
2) You may enter in either MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The levels aren't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher.
5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a Time Trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. If you are the second person to send in your solutions, I will build a snowman and name it after you (pictures may or may not be available).
6) Submission deadline is May 3rd where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designer of the levels, may enter the competition, as he has not optimized them, nor did he have significantly more time to work on them compared to the rest of you. The same applies to myself. In addition, I never work on my own scores after seeing someone else's solution. However, if someone protests against this, I may exclude my own submission.
8) The levels may receive an update within the first week of the competition. This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first versions of the levels (and I did make a few small changes to the first level without running it by the designer, so he still has the right to veto them).

Thanks for your interest! I'm sure this will be a fun one!

-Miika

P.S. I will try to start the next Time Trial before this one ends (maybe even with a week of overlap), so don't procrastinate too much before getting to work on these levels!

Messages In This Thread
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 03-Apr-2015, 7:12 AM
April 2015 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 03-Apr-2015, 12:22 PM
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 04-Apr-2015, 2:13 AM
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 10-Apr-2015, 12:19 AM
April 2015 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 20-Apr-2015, 4:06 PM
April 2015 Time Trial - by jblewis - 29-Apr-2015, 4:19 PM
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 04-May-2015, 3:40 AM
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 05-May-2015, 11:45 AM
April 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 07-May-2015, 3:11 PM