April 2015 Create Competition - Perfect Ten
It seems I keep on keeping you guys waiting longer than I intend, but here we are now...

I talked with Noomi about her favorite levels and here are some info on her experience with a few sets:

CC1
Score: 221,430
First unsolved level: Tossed Salad (20)
Last solved level: Hidden Danger (59)
Favorite so far: Lesson 8, Nice Day
Least favorites so far: Southpole

CCLP1
Score: 1,264,560
First unsolved level: Squared in a Circle (65)
Last solved: Ruined World (83)
Favorites so far: Present Company, When Insects Attack, Graduation, Monster Cages (!), Circles (!), Trafalgar Square, The Last Starfighter, Just a Bunch of Letters, Habitat, Dig and Dug, Descending Ceiling, Gears, The Bone, The Chambers, Corral, Design Swap, Klausswerner.
Least favorites so far: Twister, Chip's Checkers, Sky High or Deep Down, Quincunx, Spitting Image, Key Farming, Highways, New Block in Town.

CCLP2
Score: 75,450
First unsolved level: A Fleeting Memory
Last solved level: Lake in Winter (51)
Favorites so far: Smorgasbord
Least favorite so far: Yike-O-Matic

CCLP3
Score: 74,180
First unsolved level: Snakes and Ladders (2)
Last solved level: Marooned (126)

kidsfair
Score: ??? (several solution files)
First unsolved level: Horseshoe (31)
Last solved level: One for the Money (46)
Favorites: Play Nice, Noomikainen (!), Gathering Clovers, Outer Circle, A Boat Something.
Least favorites: Manners Matters, A Basket of Apples.

easy.dat
Score: 587,340
First unsolved level: All the Same (16)
Last solved level: Easy Scavenger Hunt (70)
Favorites: spiderport, The Maze Entrance, Mudslide
Least favorites: Easy Scavenger Hunt

Noomi says she likes the levels with many monsters that may get in the way, but not the ones that are too hard or too simple. Her favorite monster are the Paramecia or Walkers, and she least likes the Blobs (because they are so slow). Yesterday she said she hated ice levels, but now she is saying they are ok. She doesn't care much for block pushing. She will play either MS or Lynx (or iceblock patch).

I'd like to add some notes of my own too. Noomi does not get to spend much time on the game so the above scores and levels might be misleading in some ways to her actual ability and preferences. She has most recently played CCLP1, as you can probably tell by her progress on it. Though she says she likes levels with monster avoiding, I fear if all the levels are intensely focused on that, the overall experience might not be that great for her, so please still keep the levels simple. You'll notice none of her favorite levels are very long, and several have safe spots for Chip even if there are monsters. I realize that the order she will see and play the levels will influence her decisions, so I will consider arranging them in the submission order, or by difficulty (by my own evaluation), or randomly. If you have several submissions, and there are too many levels, I might pick just my favorite for her to play. I think I will set some sort of rule for how long or how many attempts she gets at a level before she has to move on to the next submission, and then return later to the skipped ones, so she doesn't get stuck on any one level for too long and not have interest in the others. If she has trouble ranking the levels, I will use my own preferences as a tie breaker if needed. I guess my point is that I will try to make it as fun for her as possible, yet still try to keep things fair for you guys no matter what you throw at her Slight smile

We already have some submissions, but I hope you still have time to participate in this as I can't move the deadline at all.

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
April 2015 Create Competition - Perfect Ten - by M11k4 - 18-Apr-2015, 12:29 AM