March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings
A few more days to the deadline! You can still make a level!

KeyboardWielder, I first read your comment as a joke on how you often submits levels that only work in one rule set anyway, but I guess you really were asking for some more guidelines. (At least I tried to be more specific than "use the theme of summer to come up with a level" Smiley ) Sorry that I wasn't able to explain the concept better when I started the competition, and now that I am trying to do so this late in the month, I'm not sure I can hold participants responsible to fitting in with what I will say. Many levels and concepts for levels can be made to work in MS or Lynx, often even without different versions for each rule set. What I was hoping to explore in this competition, were those concepts that go beyond this area. Can you use invalid tiles in a way that the game play is not possible in Lynx? Can you find something in Lynx which can't be replicated in MS? In addition, for me the most interesting cases like this would not just highlight all the differences a designer might remember, but rather find some new interaction I haven't seen before and use that naturally in a level. And I always try to say, that the fun-factor of a level should still be the main focus, no matter what the technical details are. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see and play the submissions, don't you think?

Flareon350, I'm sorry to hear we won't get a submission from you. Maybe again next month? Wink

Messages In This Thread
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 26-Mar-2015, 10:05 AM
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 10-Apr-2015, 12:48 PM