March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication
The first week of March flew by and finally we have a new competition starting!

Your task is to download this file and complete the first two levels as quickly as possible. The first one, Fly Me to the Stars
, involves some boosting, so I have dedicated it to Paul Gilbert who always beats my scores on boosting levels. The second one, Time Trial Mix I
, is the first level in a (possible) series that collects pieces from earlier Time Trial levels to create a new experience. It is dedicated to Tom Patten, as all the levels it borrows from are his. It has some random elements, so I added a third level, Time Trial Mixed I
, which you may use for practice. If you don't solve the second level, I will accept any solution on the third level to replace it, but do note that the time limit is a second shorter. (Though the randomness is not really too bad.) I can't wait to see how you all solve these puzzles!

Enjoy!

Technicalities:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the two first levels wins! You may use the third level in place of the second one if you wish, but note that its time limit is one second lower. There may be a tie in overall score.
2) You may enter in either MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The levels aren't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher.
5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. I may consider dedicating a level to you in a future Time Trial this spring if you are the first to send in solutions this month.
6) Submission deadline is April 1st where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designer of the levels (myself), may enter the competition, as I have not optimized them, nor will I have significantly more time to work on them compared to the rest of you. I never work on my own scores after seeing someone else's solution. However, if someone protests against this, I may exclude my own submission. This month it looks like I won't have time to participate anyway.
8) The levels may receive an update within the first week of the competition. This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first versions of the levels.

-Miika

P.S. I have played all the levels submitted to the February Create Comp, so expect some results soon, though not immediately.

Messages In This Thread
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 09-Mar-2015, 1:21 AM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 02-Apr-2015, 1:13 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by jblewis - 02-Apr-2015, 1:43 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 02-Apr-2015, 3:03 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 09-Apr-2015, 11:50 PM