March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication
Hi guys, just want to add some info, perhaps clarifying some stuff.

I usually accept late submissions to these comps because I feel it makes the practical aspects surrounding the deadline a bit more streamlined and creates fewer feel bad moments. But this month I was under more time pressure than usual due to Easter and wasn't able to be quite as flexible as I usually might be.

Wednesday was the first, and that's when I downloaded all the files sent to me early in the morning, but I was able to upload the results only by Thursday (when I was already away from home). I didn't check for any submissions on Thursday, and that's why I missed RB3ProKeys' entry of 83+194=277 though it was only sent in a few hours late from where he lives. I feel bad about not allowing it in even now, but I think that would set a bad precedent as I'm sure you understand.

And I wanted to still explain my reasoning for not allowing J.B's other entry even others might interpret the rules differently. The main reason I disregarded the quicker route was because it did not have an effect on the end results and having the the competition be a bit tighter is more fun for me. Additionally, if I were being really strict about the rules, I do believe J.B. about sending it before midnight where he was, but Skype does not tell me this at my end. The time displayed at my end was when I downloaded it, and that's what I used. I might have logged in a week later and not seen the submission until then. The main method for submissions is through email and it has the benefit of being downloadable multiple times if I mess up something at my end.

Too much text for so little info? Sorry Slight smile I'll move onto posting more in the other threads...

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 09-Mar-2015, 1:21 AM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 02-Apr-2015, 1:13 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by jblewis - 02-Apr-2015, 1:43 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 02-Apr-2015, 3:03 PM
March 2015 Time Trial - Dedication - by M11k4 - 09-Apr-2015, 11:50 PM