February 2015 Time Trial
I wrote that tie-breaker clause as I was announcing the competition just in case, but now that I have had more time to think about it, I feel IHNN was right and a tie isn't too bad. At the very least I don't think the tie-break this time should be these levels in Lynx. Additionally, if I am in the competition myself (even if not tied) I'm trying not to change the rules on the fly, so we'll allow ties ties this time too.

I've probably said it before, but the reason for the 'MS being primary while allowing Lynx' is to include as many people as possible in the same category while preserving MS focus. For the most part I think this has worked pretty well. However, last time this lead to an easy tie because we had a level that was clearly quicker in Lynx than in MS. (This of course was more my fault for not recognizing this early enough, and perhaps adding some sort of equalizer to the calculations.) This time any tie would be simply because the levels were easier to optimize. There is no fair way to always prevent this, so if it happens let's just try again next month. And, if it never happened, I think the competition would not be as as tight or the levels as fun to work on.

Stay tuned for results (and vids) early next week! (and you still have time to convince your pals to play the levels and submit times!)

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
February 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 05-Feb-2015, 8:22 AM
February 2015 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 06-Feb-2015, 10:51 PM
February 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 27-Feb-2015, 5:56 AM
February 2015 Time Trial - by Syzygy - 01-Mar-2015, 10:03 AM
February 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 03-Mar-2015, 12:39 PM