Winter 2015 Mini Create Challenge - Story Time
CCLP2 level 34: Cypher II

Prologue:

Chip was tired. He stumbled from the teleport to the door, red key in hand. As he opened the door and then the socket, he checked his watch. 'This is taking forever,' he thought to himself. 'Much longer than the first clubhouse.' He briefly looked around before he entered the portal. 'If only there was an easy way through this.'

He briefly dismissed any possibility of an easy way out as he entered the portal, but his face lit up as he saw the word 'Cypher' and read Melinda's hint. 'There is an easy way through this,' he thought. 'I'll be done with this clubhouse in time for dinner and I'll come back to what I skip later. The first Cypher was easy, so this will be a cake walk.'

He enthusiasm dampened as those last two words echoed in his head.

Epilogue:

"That wasn't fair!" Chip moaned as he finally made it to the exit. "So many buttons. That was not cool. But, I got the password." In a burst of excitement, he entered the password as he went into the exit, and to his surprise, Melinda was waiting for him at the other side.

"I see you made it," she said. "You're all sweaty."

"That Cypher level was evil," he said. "Who would make such a thing?"

"What happened to that map I gave you? It would have made that a lot easier. And some of those other levels too."

"Map? What Map?" She shook her head. "Oh, that map. Right. I think one of Naomi's bugs ate it." She shook her head again.

"So, are you here to help me?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'll explain later," she said. "Run the Gauntlet first, and you better run fast." He took a deep breath and ran off, without looking back.

Messages In This Thread
Winter 2015 Mini Create Challenge - Story Time - by Cyberdog - 26-Jan-2015, 1:51 AM