Valentine's Day 2014 Mini Create Challenge
I guess it's time to reveal what happened with this challenge Slight smile

We had three entrants and I threw in my own take as well for comparison. I compiled the short levels into a short set and am attaching it to this post. You can get the set here.

Reynaldi added walls to The Walker Machine and made sure you had to dodge the walkers more than if only the extra layer was removed. For Frost Rings he added some force floors and pop-ups, creating a decent version of the level that felt nice though it was not too difficult. Thanks for your submission.

Markus proved he is still alive by sending in some nifty ideas. Thanks! I particularly loved the puzzle he created for Frost Rings. Good job! His version of The Walker Machine enlarged the castle. I wish you well in the optimization department once CCLP1 rolls around Slight smile

Chipster1059 also enlarged the castle in The Walker Machine slightly differently. For Frost Rings he added thieves and ice skates, which I thought was a novel idea though the puzzle was pretty basic. Thanks for your submission too!

My own take on The Walker Machine experimented on hiding chips under blocks but it fails a bit because then the walkers can be dealt with easily using the blocks. I added some ice and pop-ups into Frost Rings, but felt that the resulting puzzle was still easier than what the original presented. I had released these ideas earlier but was never satisfied with them so that was one of the reasons I turned to all you guys for help. I was very happy with the results.

I'm awarding each of you 5 Chip Cup points for your efforts Heart Rey and Chipster also get the Trittany award for participation, as Markus already had it. I guess I'll also award myself 2 Chip Cup points for my meager efforts too. Tongue

It would be great to hear any comment and reactions to the levels from all of you. Thanks to the participants!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
Valentine's Day 2014 Mini Create Challenge - by M11k4 - 04-Mar-2014, 8:56 AM