February 2014 Create Competition - Walls of CC1
February is over and this competition is now officially closed. We had eight entrants submit a total of eleven levels, all based on different wall configurations from CC1. I played and solved all the levels (in Lynx) and then gauged them against each other. This was possibly the hardest create competition to judge that I have been involved with so far. All the levels were very good and even enjoyable, and yet I had to pick a winner and rank the losers. As I didn't set many specific guidelines on how the levels would be evaluated, a lot of it came down to my own personal taste in levels and other hidden factors that the contestants really had no way of knowing. All the entries filled the requirements of the competition with matching the wall configurations exactly, and the smaller requirements too like setting a new time limit on the levels. In my mind the main reason to have these competitions is to the fun of participating and sharing one's creation with others, and the ranking comes secondary. Of course the winner can feel free to disagree Slight smile

Here is a countdown of the levels, with the winner listed at the bottom. Some of the comments are copied from what I already wrote to the designers upon receiving their submissions.

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

[Click to Show Content]

Congratulations to the winner!

I have given the first time contestants their Tool Box award for participation, and will next update everyone's Chip Cup points. You can play the levels for yourself by downloading them here (except the upload failed for some reason; I'll fix this as soon as possible). See if you can identify the wall arrangements and from which levels they originate.

Hope to see you all participate in the new create challenge too!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
February 2014 Create Competition - Walls of CC1 - by M11k4 - 05-Mar-2014, 7:39 AM