Gifts levelset: level # 9 -Excel spread sheet
Hi Slight smile

I played the new level 10, and you are right, I liked it a lot more. It still had tons of blue walls and lots of ice, both of which I am not a fan of, but at least I was able to solve the level. It would have been a boring level if not for the teeth controlling the toggle walls, which was cool. Also liked that there was an extra chip, so if I had missed one I didn't have to go back and find it. I wouldn't mind seeing more levels of this difficulty.

You are also right that I might have dismissed the other levels a bit too quickly. I apologize. I did try the first five for a few attempts, but was still somewhat overwhelmed by them. For example, in both the Dundee levels at the start, there were many things hidden under blocks (thin walls) that restricted how those blocks could be moved. This results in making it hard to plan what I can do with what I can see, when I don't know which blocks might be immobile. Even after I got away from the western side of the first level, I was very confused if I had the right tools to continue or not. Using force floors and pop-ups to make areas inaccessible creates an uneasy feeling and doesn't reassure me that I've taken the right path, unless it is very clear that I will not have to return to those areas. I don't want to reach the end and then notice I've missed a single trick ten minutes ago. Your levels have always been very flavorful and often include cool concepts too, but I am often turned off by the clutter and hidden information to enjoy the levels fully.

Also, level #2 is can currently be solved in three seconds in MS. Just use the block from (1,28) to reach the exit.

Thanks for listening and understanding, and I'm glad you are part of our community Chip Win

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
Gifts levelset: level # 9 -Excel spread sheet - by M11k4 - 07-Jan-2014, 8:47 AM