Shoehorn Pack - Discussion
Quote:I'd like to agree. I know most people say; let's ban the symbol, ban the name and everything that goes with it. But you can't erase the past, why not forget it, change the symbol back the way it was. Like said, the symbol was originally a good symbol, letting the Nazi's taint is... (alright this is probably a dumb place to have this argument. Plus, this may just be that for some odd reason I like the symbol and feel bad it has such negative connotations)

I guess I'm a minority but I don't like the idea of letting a group of people (in this case the Nazis) take something away from us. Imo, letting the symbol continue to have the negative connotations is letting the Nazi's still have influence even though they lost 50 years ago.

I agree with you and Bowman, to a degree. The swastika was not originally a Nazi symbol -- they stole it, and in my opinion, we of 50 years later should not let them keep it.

On the other hand, I don't know that it would be appropriate for a CCLP1 level to use the exact name of the Nazi version of the symbol. That seems rather in-your-face, especially for the European members of our community.

Remember, though, that things like titles and hints can be changed if the staff deems it necessary. So I would recommend voting on the level as though it had a different title.

I realize that doesn't change things for those who find the actual swastikas in the level layout to be offensive. But for that, I go back to my first statement: I agree with those who argue that we should not let a 50-year-dead evil continue to influence what was once a perfectly innocent symbol.

Messages In This Thread
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 28-Aug-2013, 6:06 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by lookatthis - 28-Aug-2013, 8:00 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 28-Aug-2013, 8:03 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by chrisba - 16-Nov-2013, 7:22 AM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by PB_guy - 17-Nov-2013, 8:53 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by mobius - 25-Nov-2013, 4:23 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 25-Nov-2013, 4:25 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by chrisba - 04-Dec-2013, 3:13 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by Ida - 08-Dec-2013, 5:21 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by AdrenalinDragon - 08-Dec-2013, 9:23 PM
Shoehorn Pack - Discussion - by Bowman - 08-Dec-2013, 9:34 PM