March 2013 Create Levels and Voting (and Results)
As some of you already spotted, the levels submitted for the March 2013 Create Competition are now available for download:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/227-cczone-march-2013-create-levels-packaged/

You can comment on the levels in this thread. Once you form some sort of opinion on the levels, list them in your preferred order and email that order to me at valeosote at hotmail dot com. I will use these lists to determine the winner of the competition. You can define your own criteria for how you are voting, for the original competition announcement reminded the contestants that "a good level will be enjoyable to many types of players".

Details:

1) You can discuss the individual levels, but don't publicly post your full list so the results are not spoiled or others' voting is not affected so much. I already released the participants' names, so I thought it would be fun to run the voting as a secret ballot.

2) If you were one of the participating designers, you can still vote on your own levels, but these will have no effect on the outcome in relation to the other entries. Please do not vote down what you think are good levels just so your own levels will fare better, as this won't have an effect either, except if more than one person starts doing so.

3) Once all the votes are in, we might have an additional round of voting where we pit pairs of levels against each other that were too close in the voting to determine their positions with certainty.

4) Once the preferred order of the levels is set, the standings between the designers is determined by their best level, and will receive Chip Cup points accordingly.

5) Voting will close a week after I receive votes from ten people. If this is taking too long, I will announce the deadline for voting towards the end of April. In any case we hope to have the results within about a month.

Finally, here's the list of levels you will be voting on:

Level 1 - Michael
Ancient Glider Temple - Flareon350
Tricks & Traps - CraigV
Shemozzle - jblewis
In or Out - jblewis
The Beach - Minus3K2
Flip-Side-Up - random 8
That Ticking Noise - rockdet
200m Free Style - rockdet
Protect Me as I Protect You - BlazingApollo
Bricks - random 8
Impedence - random 8
Bringing Up the Rear - BigOto2

Your votes should also basically just list all the levels by name, though you don't have to list the designers, or you can just list the level numbers in your preferred order, as long as it is clear to me. Remember, the order of your list matters! Once I receive your votes, I'll try my best to respond to you and confirm that your votes have been recorded.

I might be forgetting something, so please ask for clarifications. (Also if you would like me to change some of the text in the ccx file, say you'd rather be referred to by your full name, you can ask for that too.)

Enjoy!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
March 2013 Create Levels and Voting (and Results) - by M11k4 - 07-Apr-2013, 4:38 AM