January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files
Happy New Year Everyone!

Let's kickoff this year's competitions with a Time Trial!

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/191-ccz-tt-1301ccl/

Download and enjoy. Send either ms or lynx solutions to my email address ( valeosote at hotmail dot com ).

That's basically all the information you need (and a bit of common sense), but I'll spell out some details too.

1) The levels are quite simple, at least to solve. There are several of them, but they all stick to the same frame so you won't get lost easily. I wanted to try and see if something as basic as this could still be fun to compete with, and if the submissions will still avoid ties.

2) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the levels #2- #11 wins! Both ms and lynx will be judged in the same category, though I suspect that there are no levels where lynx can be completed quicker than ms. Ties in overall score won't be broken.

3) This is part of the new 2013 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12 and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award.

4) Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released.

5) Submission deadline is at the end of the month. In practice this means I will post here during the first week of February announcing that no more submissions will be accepted, and judge the competition right then. This can happen sooner than you hope, so get your solutions in early rather than later. You can send in improvements while the competitions is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

6) I have the Time Trials for this spring mapped out already, so there might be something special in store for everyone who participates in all of these before the summer. Each month will be a different experience, so join in now to not miss out on the fun! If you have a level you want to submit as a TT level, send it to me and I might still find a slot for it too.

Report any problems or ask any questions here! Have fun!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files - by M11k4 - 02-Jan-2013, 5:54 AM
January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files - by M11k4 - 06-Feb-2013, 10:55 AM