January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files
Quote:Is it Lynx or MS? I don't know if it can be both because there would be time differences I think.

I'll clarify. I want to allow for people to play in which rules they prefer, and we could still keep just one category. Originally I was hoping the scores could just be picked from whichever rule set was submitted (and in the case someone played both, I'd pick the better of the two for each level). If the levels had boosting and other timing differences available, I might even have announced a small offset for playing in the slower rules, but that didn't look to be necessary this month. I was also hoping that the optimal routes would still be in ms, so the top players wouldn't be forced to work in both rules.

Upon closer examination of the levels, I will now change this idea a bit. You can submit solutions in either ms or lynx. If a lynx score is higher than the highest submitted ms score (by you or someone else), then your lynx score will be considered equal to this ms score. This way, you know which rules to concentrate on, but can still play in the other one if you wish. In particular, even if a level might be quicker in lynx, having the quickest ms solution is equal to the best possible score. You can still submit your lynx solutions too if you want, but in the case of the level being possible faster in ms, you lose out for picking lynx. For this month most of the levels seem to score the same, though at least some collision differences arise in some.

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files - by M11k4 - 04-Jan-2013, 5:06 PM
January 2013 Time Trial - the Case Files - by M11k4 - 06-Feb-2013, 10:55 AM