Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl)
Hello, everyone! This is my first level set.

http://cczone.invisi.../134-chip56ccl/

(EDIT: Updated again, July 30th - see below)

I've designed levels before, back when I was a kid, but these are the first ones I've ever released into the wild. Consider them a preview of what I hope will eventually be a full 149-level set. I started this before CCLP1 was announced, and I was aiming for a similar CC1-esque aesthetic, so when the submission deadline approached I stuck all the completed levels into a mini-set (55 levels, hence the original name) and uploaded it to the Yahoo group. In my rush to meet the deadline, I left in a few mistakes, which I've corrected in this update.

The "lesson" levels are probably redundant, since I'm guessing those will be chosen outside of the normal submission process. A few of the later levels might also be a bit tricky for a beginner's set, but I think the underlying concepts are simple enough to fit in anyway. If not, consider them available for CCLP4 as well.

Here are the revisions I made:
  • Changed the direction of a force floor tile in Level 2. Very minor effect on play, but it looked ugly and was an obvious mistake.

• Changed the sokoban area in Level 29 to make it solvable in Lynx mode.

• Removed the time limit on Level 37 (was 750 seconds). There's plenty of time to complete the level, but nobody should ever feel compelled to optimize that, ever. Tongue

• Fixed the ice maze in Level 45 that I somehow completely messed up and made unsolvable in the original version.

• Added a dummy level at the end for MSCC players. I changed the name of the file from Chip55 to Chip56 to reflect that, plus it's a catchier title anyway.

I'm going to leave the old version on the Yahoo group for now, since it's after the deadline and I don't want to accidentally run afoul of the rules and take my levels out of the running, but this is the version I would like to be considered for CCLP1. I'll replace the old file if the folks in charge confirm that it's OK to do that.

As this is my first level set, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl) - by Pottsie - 13-Jul-2012, 12:34 PM
Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl) - by Pottsie - 30-Jul-2012, 6:59 PM
Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl) - by jblewis - 25-Sep-2012, 9:32 AM
Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl) - by M11k4 - 07-Oct-2012, 2:52 PM
Chip56.ccl (updated; was Chip55.ccl) - by jblewis - 03-Mar-2013, 9:35 PM