Compiling Tile World 2.0 on Fedora x86
Hey everyone! I've been playing the original levelset (cc-ms) for a while now on 1.3.0. It's been a great nostalgia trip and I've loved it. I recently (I know, I know; I'm out of the loop) heard that Tworld 2.0 had been released and instantly went to compile it.

I originally had issues that g++ and qmake weren't installed (using not my primary machine right now), but that was easily fixed. However, now I run into an issue where the following error output is posted ending with make erroring out, so the build never finishes.

Code:
../generic/in.c: In function ‘const tablespec* keyboardhelp(int)’:
../generic/in.c:570:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Compiling _sdlsfx.c...
cc -Wall -I. -DNDEBUG '-DROOTDIR="/usr/local/share/tworld"' -D__TWPLUSPLUS -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT   -c -o _sdlsfx.o _sdlsfx.c
Compiling oshwbind.cpp...
g++ -Wall -I. -DNDEBUG '-DROOTDIR="/usr/local/share/tworld"' -D__TWPLUSPLUS -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtXml   -c -o oshwbind.o oshwbind.cpp
oshwbind.cpp: In function ‘void TW_DebugSurface(TW_Surface*, const char*)’:
oshwbind.cpp:333:57: error: invalid conversion from ‘const Qt_Surface*’ to ‘Qt_Surface*’ [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [oshwbind.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Perichor/Downloads/tworld-2.0.0/oshw-qt'
make: *** [liboshw-qt.a] Error 2

The second line, "warning: deprecated conversion..." is posted around 25 times without change. Having read a few threads about this, it would seem one of the fixes I need is to add -fpermissive to g++, but I am unfamiliar with how to do that. I am also unfamiliar with what to do to fix the other errors.

Any and all help is appreciated!

All the best,

-HG

Messages In This Thread
Compiling Tile World 2.0 on Fedora x86 - by HalosGhost - 18-May-2012, 2:16 PM