ajmiam's Debut Levelset--Pit of 100 Tiles
A lot of examples of what seem to be lucky timing in my set might not be because either:

1) You can observe the timing event from a safe point and figure out what times obstacles will be in the way, which usually ends up happening at regular intervals. #51 is an example--the three enemy groups are spaced evenly apart (36 tiles), you can see the whole group go by at once, and you have enough time to only slide across once or twice before waiting for the next group to go by. As you discovered, the clone machines in #58 work similarly. Some more examples of this type of timing are in one room of #64, #79 after you get a ways into it, most of #80, and one part of #96.

or

2) You can't see the timing event coming when you head toward it, but you have a chance to save yourself once you can see whether you'll be safe or not. Just a heads-up--there are a couple of examples of this in #80.

By the way, are you playing this set in Tile World or Chip's Challenge? If the latter, do all of my hints you've seen so far fit in the hint box? Are any really close to not fitting? I can't tell because I don't have Chip's Challenge, and Tile World's hint box fits WAY more text than CC's hint box.

Messages In This Thread
ajmiam's Debut Levelset--Pit of 100 Tiles - by ajmiam - 13-Feb-2012, 11:10 AM