CCLP5: Pre-Voting Culling & Level Nominations!
I liked Andrew M’s level “Monster Sorting” that was culled, even though it surely could have benefited from being slower (and/or fewer bombs). The list doesn’t say why it was culled, so if it was because of incompatibility between rulesets or low scoring in previous votings then there’s not much to argue about, I just wanted to mention that I would have wanted to see this level in voting.

My level “Fair and Square” that was culled was an attempt to make a level where random elements can have their place, without requiring luck to score the bold time. The fireballs act as equalizers throughout the whole level. Of course, you can still be unlucky and the equalizers turn out too short in some instances, but it shouldn’t require more than a few tries to get bold. So if this level was culled due to too much randomness (for optimizers), I’d like to ask you to revisit the level. If it instead was culled due to being uninteresting to optimize, I can see that, though maybe I think the community could have voted on it. Again, I don’t know why the level was culled, maybe there were other issues with this level.

I’ll have to look deeper into the set of the 151 levels that are in limbo, but here are a few that I want to nominate from the first look at the list:

1. The Bottom Line
2. Chiptune Hero
12. Vanity
35. Blockage
101. An Exit to Remember (this level is just so beautiful)

Thank you to the staff for the work that you put in! No worries about delays, having real life issues that are more pressing is totally relatable.

(Edit: I've added a couple of levels to the list and might add more, then I'll make a new post when I'm done to make sure nothing is missed.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: CCLP5: Pre-Voting Culling & Level Nominations! - by Ida - 23-May-2022, 7:36 AM