Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion
Thank you both for the feedback Thumbs up

I put the hint there in Delicate Industry so that the player doesn't think the ending has guesswork, because of the fact that there are two blocks.

Yeah, I agree that Trick and Treat may be a little too simple. Then again, that's why I put it so early on!

Slime Forest will definitely be made untimed in an update. I didn't take into consideration that you could mistake the missing chips for walls, and I honestly like the level more because of that because now it's more than just a reskin of Slime Forest Tongue

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "very good" for Blistering Remains. Fun to play? Cool aesthetics? Good use of the "walls"? All of the above? Slight smile

Levels 7 and 8 will probably be placed much closer to the beginning in the final release, as they're meant to be very easy levels.

Glad to hear positive feedback for Laughing All the Way to the Tank! The mechanism in that level is something that I think is really cool and I'm glad everyone agrees. I thought the blockslide could be considered a little mean, but I guess it's fairly early in the level and most players are used to the timing of blockslides at this point anyways.

Ball Street was semi-inspired by Chip Away. I won't change it to only require one block in Lynx. In my opinion, levels shouldn't require blockslapping just to be able to complete. Think of it more like a nifty shortcut.

New Blob in Town was a level where I wanted to make a blob level that wasn't too focused on annoying blob dodging. I'd say extracting the blocks can be a bit painful, particularly the lowermost one, but whatever. The gimmick I had in mind was that you were "pushing" the blob at the start out of town (into the bomb) by using the block. Not that interesting on its own, but I'd say a sardine can makes anything better!

For Bad to the Bone, I'll probably change that ball pattern as that wasn't intended.

That security puzzle in Ballpit Bonanza is something I'm really proud of. Glad to see it did its job to stump you!

Dystopia's lower room has already been fixed to be solvable in Lynx. As for the difficulty of the puzzles: yes, they're a little mismatched, but it doesn't matter that much to me.

The whole point of that one block in Exiled Warehouse is that it has nowhere to go! Wink And I don't think the recessed wall is necessary but I don't think it matters that much. It barely has any impact on gameplay whatsoever; the most that may happen is that you'll bump into a toggle door for one move when you're going back. As for the linearity, I definitely felt as though the level was a bit too linear, especially towards the end, but I have no problem with a good linear level once in a while.

I'll shoot for another iterative release soon. I'm hoping to include between 30 to 40 levels, plus removal of the time limit on Citrus Forest.

Messages In This Thread
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by Indyindeed - 08-Oct-2018, 11:43 PM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by mmoraleta - 09-Oct-2018, 12:43 AM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by Indyindeed - 09-Oct-2018, 1:22 AM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by M11k4 - 09-Oct-2018, 4:22 AM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by mmoraleta - 09-Oct-2018, 12:36 PM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by Indyindeed - 09-Oct-2018, 6:45 PM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by Indyindeed - 19-Oct-2018, 4:02 PM
Indy's Walls of CCLP1 Discussion - by Indyindeed - 08-Dec-2018, 1:40 AM