Other puzzle game recommendations
Quote:1 hour ago, andyrkki said:

But the thing about most of these games (also including MarbleZone, and other games like the suspiciously MSCC-looking LaserTank) is that they are generally static puzzles.

CC has plenty of levels that don't require extreme monster dodging, but the ones that do break up the flow of the sokobans and other somewhat generic puzzle levels, no matter how creative they may be individually. It's one of the things that makes the game relatively unique. It's also a big part of why I'm so drawn to Reflexion: it has a very similar static/dynamic ratio, so to speak.

Corrypt doesn't exactly have "levels," it's more of an open-world sort of thing. And honestly, I feel like the "sokobans & generic puzzle" parts only actually make up a relatively small part of the experience or so, where the game really breaks out & opens up into something different & unique after the checkpoint. I mean, if you're looking for something that has a large variety of both puzzle & action levels, then maybe Corrypt isn't quite what you're looking for, but I don't feel it's fair to compare it to games that only have sokoban puzzle levels either.

Messages In This Thread
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 10-Aug-2018, 8:10 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 12-Aug-2018, 8:17 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 12-Aug-2018, 10:28 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 12-Aug-2018, 2:37 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 04-Nov-2018, 9:29 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Earthling - 25-Dec-2018, 3:34 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Hash1 - 20-Jan-2019, 11:12 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 21-Jan-2019, 12:11 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 21-Jan-2019, 1:55 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 24-Jan-2019, 11:35 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Earthling - 24-Jan-2019, 4:33 PM