Waffle Pack - Discussion
By pure chance this seemed to be The Pack of Mazes (Ice and Otherwise) -- in the second decade alone, 6 of the 10 levels were mazes!

Some of my favorites from this set:

#2 Block and Key -- A nice, small puzzle where everything is visible from the start. Not too complicated, but it does require some good logic to figure out and feels really nice to solve. Looks good, too!

#18 Speckles of Silver -- Something about this maze stood out to me from among other blue wall mazes. I think what I really enjoy is how it has the aesthetic of being divided into so many distinct "rooms" but ends up subverting that, as you have to enter the same "room" from many different directions to get all the chips. It's a clever design choice that tickled my fancy. Also, the recessed wall rooms are extremely easy which is very considerate for a level this long.

#27 Blue Ridge Corporate Center -- Looks nice, and not stressful at all! From the name I'd guess it's meant to evoke the feeling of some industrial park with water features outside or maybe fountains in the building lobby....This could be a good early level or a good Breather Level later in CCLP4.

#31 What? -- Normally I'm against levels that are impossible to get right on your first try, but the fact that you can burn an attempt to see everything and then logic it out really helps. There isn't a huge number of decisions to make, unlike certain itemswappers from CCLP3, so it's pretty manageable to solve but still feels like you've accomplished something when it's done.

#39 Iced Tea -- Another maze! I've seen this concept a couple of times, but I think this is the best it's been executed. The first thing it gets right is that there are NO blind slides leading to water. Absolutely essential for a maze of this size. Also, it manages to be deceptive in parts without being overly confusing. This is probably helped by the dirt that marks areas you haven't visited yet. I quite enjoyed figuring this one out!

Funny coincidence, it being in the same voting pack as Iced Teeth.

Responses to others' thoughts:

It's interesting to see the difference of opinion on Repair the Maze 2.0!

Also

Quote:19 [it Only Gets Worse]: An amazingly hard and fun dodging level. Wow.

This is a neat design idea but I seem to have a rotten experience with it every time I play--I screw up the 5th or 6th room and don't feel motivated to replay the rather uninteresting first 3 rooms to get back to where I died. I'm worried the same thing will happen if it gets into CCLP4, but on the other hand I see some of the level's merits, so I kind of consider it average.

Quote:I want to add a comment about my level #23, Toggle Path. Chipster said it was too large and JB said the time limit is too low. Both are probably right. When building the level, I didn't intend for it to grow so large but the concept to the solution I had in mind just didn't work in a smaller graph. I imagined the level to be confusing enough that looking at the map would really be best. What I should have done next was to make a simpler level with the concept that focused on better game play instead of a difficult puzzle. Thanks for your comments Slight smile

PS. I never noticed a mention not to publish one's votes =) Well, I guess now there is one.

I had much more fun solving this in the editor than I did trying to piece it together walking around using the game window. If you want to make solving it without the editor viable, I'd recommend multiplying the time limit by at least 4, maybe 5, or perhaps even maxing it out at 999.

Messages In This Thread
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Jul-2016, 12:21 AM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 15-Jul-2016, 4:40 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Jul-2016, 5:34 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 15-Jul-2016, 5:38 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Jul-2016, 5:43 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 15-Jul-2016, 6:28 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 16-Jul-2016, 1:22 AM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by M11k4 - 16-Jul-2016, 3:40 AM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by ajmiam - 16-Jul-2016, 10:12 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by IceyLava108 - 22-Jul-2016, 9:21 PM
Waffle Pack - Discussion - by Ihavenoname248 - 08-Aug-2016, 1:07 AM