June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
Your description of the starting post is definitely very clear that you expected lesson style levels, especially because your example Block Tug shows this clearly, and describes every step you have to take via hints. No wonder that you are ranting in your video about the first levels do have so many hint tiles, and that's as well the reason why Trans-Pachipic Partnership won I guess Wink

Quote:There is a bit of a twist to this challenge though. Your level(s) is not required to be strictly a tutorial, you can also make a level that focuses on a few elements, or a large level focusing on one tile using its many different properties, but must remain pretty simple as a whole. To give you a better idea and visual of this, here is an example of a decent tutorial-ish level I made a while back, focusing on only a hook and turning blocks into ice blocks.

Teleport Convolution
You don't know what this level is supposed to show off?
Since there is the word teleport in the title and there are yellow teleports in the level, it might have something to do with them...
And even if it is hard to believe, I wasn't kidding in the description I sent you, it's about yellow teleports.
But after showing no intention of even trying to use the teleports or to solve the level after a bit more than four minutes you spent more than enough time on this?
At least you showed off more than enough that Melinda can't swim without fins... Tongue

Phantoms
You can kind of see that this level is about ghosts? I definitely would not have thought that someone could figure that out.
But at least I learned something new from you - stopwatches will kill you in the game, which is kind of neat!? - even though at the start of the level you stepped on a toggle clock without dying and you obviously didn't realize the point of the time penalties.

Unraveling Mystery
After four minutes of stupid cooks because you did not think about what to do you got the idea of that one so you don't need to spend a lot of time on this?
Again you don't show any intention of even trying to solve the level, and you didn't even bother finding out what the puzzle of the level is about.
Using a tileset which doesn't show you push up walls is of cause helpful. Sunglasses

However I'm definitely impressed how many levels you solved after not even thinking about two of mine or giving up after seven minutes on Bowling in the Sewer (the imo best level from Jeffrey, and definitely an easy level), you really overcame your initial reluctance to think and solved some puzzles e.g. in the Wrong of Way - at least you try to give the impression as if you are doing so, even if you played most levels including this one before, and just improved your times...

But a bit more serious again, to conclude the post, I thought about writing about all the levels after you put them up your video, but I think it would be pretty pointless, since I disagree with you on almost every single entry, but after you put so much aversion against my levels it feels like I have to defend them a bit, so the most important part is, if you wanted to get lesson style tutorials, you definitely should have made this clear at the start, and not wrote the complete opposite...
I really don't understand the hate for Teleport Convolution and to avoid misunderstandings, it's not supposed to be an easy lesson style tutorial and it was never intended to be as you never wrote that the entries should be that (and your reply to my email in which I stated that it is an advanced level based around yellow teleports and not a classic tutorial, was that this is Awesome! - so I was completely clueless that you did expect something complete different), and to be honest, I don't see how Trans-Pachipic Partnership is all of this in your opinion. Regardless just to clarify, you wrote the level must remain pretty simple as a whole, and that's definitely the case even for my first entry, pick up the yellow teleports (I really did not think that someone could miss this, especially since it is in the title and what else could you do with yellow teleports), use them to blow up the bomb with the ant, and use them again to bridge with the block to the exit (and yes, to double the bonuses there is a fourth puzzle there).

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by _H_ - 12-Jul-2016, 10:04 AM