Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
All right! This is really helpful.

It sounds like the majority of respondents are in favor of using our existing CC1 submissions in some way, and if that's the case, then I think Jeffrey's suggestion of making a CCLP4 that can be adapted to CC2 is the most reasonable. He brought up a very good point: CC2 could use a "community spotlight" or two to give new and veteran designers even more motivation to create submissions for the CC2-only sets of the future. The more I think about it, I suppose CCLP2 functioned in this way after its release while preparations were underway for CCLP3 (though it took forever). During CCLP2's production, the CCLP2 staff simply took all the levels available online and piled them into voting, then worried about all the designer permission issues afterward (which is why some levels sadly did not make it in, despite performing well). For a designer, there wasn't that much motivation other than the potential inclusion in a community-produced level pack, since there were no such packs available. Thankfully, we have a much more robust design community these days.

As much as I'd love to see a CC2-only set made ASAP, I understand that not everyone's going to be a quick adopter when it comes to CC2. At least this way, we can use the levels in our CC1 submission pool for CCLP4, particularly since some of them were glossed over for CCLP1 due to its special nature, and make a smoother transition over to CC2 by actively engaging in porting the levels that are ultimately inducted into the set. We could, as Jeffrey suggested, even port CCLP1 to CC2. Unless there are some designers secretly working on more level sets for CC1, I don't foresee many additions to the submission pool. The questions we need to address in the days to come concern the timetable for the submission process and what components define the consideration process. How soon do we want to officially open and close the submission process and begin the consideration process? (Personally, I don't think this should be too long from now.) What do we want the consideration process to involve? Should there be voting? Would new community members, particularly those who know of CC only through the new, official version of CC on Steam, be interested in picking up Tile World and playing through thousands of submitted levels, or should we leave the decision-making up to a staff with varied tastes? Or both, as was done with CCLP1?

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by jblewis - 14-Oct-2015, 12:47 AM