Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
I am in favor of the first option. In many ways, CC1 can never be replaced for me and I don't think of it as a "dead game." The availability of a tile world emulation keeps it alive, and the unavailability of one for CC2 as of yet is slightly discouraging (especially for those wanting to play offline and any issues that may arise from connectivity problems.) The two options about both sets being basically the same are just inane. Long live boot dropping! The thought of giving up on CCLP4 altogether is sad when you look back on all the topics about it on CCZone and the excitement built up for that set. I don't want to see it not come to fruition.

I had just assumed that all of the official CC1 packs would eventually make their way to being ported for CC2, "officially."

Jeffrey also had a good point about allowing time for CC2 level design to evolve since it is so different from the original. This would prevent CC2LP1 from being too "CCLP2-ish" (rushing to make a collection of the best levels on the internet that turns out later to reveal some lack of good design or gameplay) which is sort of what CC2 is like. In the intervening time, releasing ports of official sets would be good for gaining an audience for CC2 online content and shouldn't take too long to produce.

~Bowman
~Bowman

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by Bowman - 14-Oct-2015, 8:14 PM