Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
@chipster1059: During CCLP1 production, I was always hesitant about setting limits based on who designed levels, especially if some designers were just much more adept at making fun and well-designed challenges. But I think the submission process would be an appropriate place for it, particularly if the limit was something reasonable like 50. After all, no designer has had more than 33 levels in a CCLP, so would anyone really be able to top 50 anyway? It would also be a helpful exercise for designers who have built hundreds of levels to think with the end in mind and stop to consider just which of their submissions they really want to see in an official set that badly, as well as cull everything down with variety in mind. (It's especially useful if the voting is segmented.) I'll go ahead and admit that one of the reasons why Andrew M. (ajmiam) got so many of his levels included in CCLP1 was that he had a lot of variety on his side. On top of that, there would be no compulsion for designers to submit even 50. I for one am probably going to submit only 20 to 25 levels if the CCLP4 staff instituted such a limitation.

@Bowman: Perhaps I used a poor word choice in the original post. I didn't mean that CC1 was "dead" in the sense that no one would ever play it again. What I meant was that from an "official support" perspective, CC2 is a game that's active and available on Steam, whereas Tile World and the MS / Lynx versions of CC1 don't quite hold that distinction. Of course CC1 will always have a place in our hearts, and many of us will continue to play it. I'm still optimizing my own set and a few others, personally. But I think we have to start thinking with the big picture in mind as well. The more we support CC2 on Steam and give it life, the more the CC community will grow, and the more Chuck and Niffler will be inclined to devote time to efforts like the ones we lead to keep it fresh. It'll take some time for CC2 design to evolve such that levels will fully take advantage of all the new goodies, like many have said, but projects like a CCLP1 port or CCLP4 adaptation can help show the world out there what we can do. Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by jblewis - 14-Oct-2015, 9:35 PM