Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
As can be seen in the cc2info download, there are 1274 level in the database, which does not include any ported sets, single levels not in sets by their authors which are available for download or any other sets from me other than mind games or any duplicates from anyone. The original levels and rejects are however included, over all this would mean there are currently slightly less than 1000 levels which could be in voting which were made for cc2 and currently public. There are several authors which I guess would submit levels before voting, even if their sets aren't completely finished and therefore not released at the moment, which means there most likely would be over 1k levels currently and probably some ports from levels for made for cc1.

If you look at the average level quality for cc2 levels (and I played them all), it is actually really good, way higher than what I've seen in the voting packs for cclp4, which means it's right now no problem to assemble a community set consisting of 200 levels Sunglasses

And generally it's better to put less levels in voting packs so that more people can vote on most of them than too many which leads to some sections are played by just a handful of people. To select 200 levels for a set there probably shouldn't be more than 600 levels - which would have to be preselected - in voting to keep it reasonable in this regard.

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by H2O - 16-Sep-2017, 10:09 AM