Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
Neither did I write anything like this nor did I imply it in any way.

If you ask for my opinion, well, since the cc1 mechanics are just a subset of those in cc2, there is no reason to restrict anyone to those, if there are great cc1 levels out there, they probably made it into cclp4, or they were not that good. Some gems where probably overlooked or were to new for the set, but in those exceptions, they anyhow can easily be implemented for cc2 (yes, there are slight rule differences, so you can't just always put exactly the same tiles at the same places, but they exist between lynx, mscc, twlynx and twmscc as well, and everything can be implemented in cc2). So it's not like anyone has to miss a great level just because a cc2 set is planned. And as I mentioned, if there are that many levels made purely for cc1, at any point a new cclp for cc1 can be made as well - it's not like just because a cc2lp will be made, there will never be any cclps anymore. Wink

200 levels for a cc2 set feels logical to me, since the original set consists of 200 levels. Everything else sounds arbitrary - but if there are good reasons for another number - I don't have any feeling towards any particular number, that was just what without thinking about it sounded evident, since there is probably no other reason for cc1 sets to have 149 levels other than the original set has 149 Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by H2O - 16-Sep-2017, 3:53 PM