Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2)
Thank you very much Joshua for your feedback! I'm very happy to receive your in-depth feedback, since this is my first time doing this I'm keen on hearing what other designers have to say. I'm glad you took the time out both to try them and type in a response.

Quote:Alright, this is a review of the 0.1 version since I'm losing access to CC2 for a while and won't have time to review the 0.2. Great levelset with a pretty high difficulty level. Favorites are MELINDA'S MODERN LIFE, POLITICIAN HOUSE, and MO' CHIPS MO' PROBLEMS.

Pulluxx

01 MELINDA’S MODERN LIFE
WONDERFUL level with a pretty steep learning curve! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely requires you to think ahead with where to use your precious ice blocks. I didn't think it was a `simple puzzle' at all but it was really good!

02 LITTLE BO PEEP
Loved it! Didn’t need the blue key. Really enjoyed setting up the bomb room and leading the ants to their deaths.

03 POLITICIAN HOUSE
I love this one. It feels extremely loose and open-ended, very choose-your-own-adventure. I beat the level without needing the hook or the bribe, was that intended? I also didn't feel it was very much of an item-swapper, it was more about discovering a route to end up with enough tools to get everywhere I needed to.

04 MO’ CHIPS MO’ PROBLEMS
Fantastic and extremely difficult! I would up the time limit to 900, minimum. Even when I figured out what to do I ran out of time (next time I finished with 172 seconds, so it’s not awful). I love the concept, 100%. The puzzles are top notch, however I didn’t use the trap or red door in the main set of rooms or the bowling ball at upper left. Were those red herrings? Going through all that work and having blob dodging at the end is a bit demoralizing but I guess that’s part of the concept. I did it with 2 Chips (and I’m assuming that’s what it was designed for), and dodging 4 blobs wasn’t too bad, although I would have been livid if I’d screwed it up at that point, after already running out of time the previous run. Actually, one more suggestion: use pink buttons and wires for the traps. I got confused early on and opened the editor to figure out what some of the buttons were for, it would have been easier if I could trace them out. But excellent level, frustrating in a good way, I’m glad I put in the time to figure it out.

05 CORPORATE SLOGAN
I’m going to skip this one for now, maybe I’ll review it in the future Slight smile.

06 EBENEZER
The first two puzzles are a lot of fun. I think I busted the third one though. Solved the level without using the doppelgänger at all, just used the ice block to bridge to the TNT (I had flippers), blew up the flamethrower and the dirt blocking the blue teleport, and returned to the top room. Used boots and blocks to circumvent the blue teeth and exited. I had a lot of fun with this level but I’m not sure I understand it. What did the hint mean? Why is there a green button?

07 THE CHIPS ARE GREENER
Solved it without using the doppelgänger clone machine or getting the brown boots. Felt busted. Solution: go through lower transmogrifier, become Chip, go through upper transmogrifier twice, collect 9 chips on left side, press tank button, push 3 ice blocks, collect ice cleats, go through lower transmogrifier, become Melinda, walk through the passageway the three ice blocks were in, collect 9 chips on right side, exit.

08 ILLUSIONIST’S MANSION
Sorry, but this is exactly the sort of level that I hate. Invisible walls everywhere, surprise deaths by mimics that make you afraid to push blocks, creatures with secret inventories, blue keys that get erased before you get there if you do things out of order. Don’t get me wrong, in one sense it’s incredibly well-designed, it’s just that imo it makes for a 100% unfair and not-fun player experience. Not completed Slight smile

Great levelset. Lots of fun and puzzling. Thanks for the upload.

1 - Glad you liked it! Might not put it in the absolute first slot in the future in that case.

2 - I kind of planted that blue key as a trap, since if you take it the ants will blow up an unimportant bomb.

3 - I'm glad you liked it, it was my intention to make a level with multiple paths that would not be all to unforgiving. So some paths require less items.

4 - Thank you very much! I'm increasing the time limit now Tongue. I designed it with two possible ways to beat it in mind, the trap, bowling ball and red door is needed for the other. Good suggestion with the wiring. I'm not really sure myself about the blobs in the last room, it gives the level it's title but is a bit annoying. I might change it in the future.

6 - Thank you for pointing out the busted-ness Tongue It has gone through some revisions, and it turns out I forgot to add a thief to steal your flippers.

[Click to Show Content]

7 - Turns out it is busted. Will go back to the drawing board with this one.

8 - I fully understand. I'm a bit unsure if I should have it in the set or not, I wanted to make a really hard and unfair level for players who like those sorts of challenges, but I can't say its a very inviting level to try. If I'm gonna keep it in the set it's gonna be one of the last ones, where I'd want the difficulty to be very hard. But I'm a bit on the fence with it.
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by Pulluxx - 27-Jun-2015, 4:29 PM
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by _H_ - 01-Jul-2015, 5:14 AM
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by _H_ - 03-Jul-2015, 5:35 AM
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by _H_ - 20-Jul-2015, 1:33 PM
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by _H_ - 21-Jul-2015, 8:23 AM
Pulluxx's Levelset Feedback Thread (CC2) - by _H_ - 04-Aug-2015, 12:47 PM