Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread
29 For a blob level, definitely one of the better kind, but I can't jump over my shadow, it will not get my favorite level Tongue

30 I did not say, that it's not a good level at all, I like a lot of interactions / small puzzles you came up with, however what I meant with not that nice puzzle level, is that there are some points where there is logical way to know what is coming up (you just can guess), and since there is way back from some of them, no way to solve the puzzle logically (e.g. the top left corner, there is no way to know, that the flame thrower will go on, if you are not fast enough). An idea for a pretty easy fix to the points addressed would be, move the whole level one tile down and right, and give the player with this a path around the upcoming puzzle, separated by panel walls, before he or she enters at the current starting position; this might not be the most elegant solution, but would in my opinion make the playing experience way better, as it removes the guess work.

I think the time limit in a puzzle level should not be how long it takes you to solve the level if you know the solution, it should orientate itself on how long you need to find the solution and execute it, so a higher time limit is imo definitely preferred.

With these changes it would definitely be one of my favorite levels B)

And last but not least, I don't want to force you in any ways to include replays, and of course I don't have any right to in any way. It's just my opinion among many others, which might not agree with my thoughts. So feel free to ignore my point Wink(And of course not just in this regard, this applies to everything I wrote...)

I think however, that most people playing custom sets will have fun in solving the levels and puzzles them self, otherwise, where is the point in playing the sets in the first place - so the argument of giving solutions away is not that strong. If someone get's stuck completely and looks up a part of a solution or the whole one, it's imo nothing too bad either, at worst, they are ruining their own fun...

Messages In This Thread
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by geodave - 03-Jun-2015, 12:07 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by Michael - 06-Jun-2015, 10:12 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 29-Jun-2015, 5:06 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 11:29 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 8:29 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 28-Jul-2015, 9:05 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by random 8 - 10-Oct-2015, 10:47 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by mobius - 13-Dec-2015, 2:04 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 12:40 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 3:53 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by _H_ - 22-Feb-2016, 4:24 PM