Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
The second part of my review:

11 AROUND THE CORNER

I like the concept but you can mess up in a lot of ways, in most of the time there is no recover from it. If it would have been a bit shorter, it would have probably been even more fun.

12 HASHTAGS

A great idea and a nice level

13 GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

Great concept, great level, a lot fun, and quite hard. My favorite level in this set Thumbs up

14 TELEBLAST

Definitely really hard, but a great idea. It took me a long time to figure everything out - it was a lot of trial and error involved. As well a top level.

15 FORCE ANXIETY

Four times getting the timing exactly right... At least you can do these paths first, however there are still enough ways to mess up later.

16 CAREENING

There is quite a bit sliding of blocks involved, and a without the helmet - oh why did it took me several tries to realize that there is one Raised eyebrow

17 DEADLY SMILE

Deadly, indeed it is. Getting the timing correct, many times in a row... Not my personal favorite, but a nice concept.

18 DUNGEON QUEST

An idea I really like. How often did I think while playing, if there would just be a little bit less monsters...

19 ROVER SWAPPER

I like the idea behind it, and fun to play. However there is as well a lot of waiting involved, the part which isn't the greatest for impatient players.

20 MISBEHAVIOR

Someone should have told the blue teeth to not destroy or pick up the yellow teleports... Oh yeah!

21 INTERNET FREEZE

Really liked this easy one. I really would have wished for 30 seconds more time - this way i failed the first try.

22 EVER PASSING MOMENT

There are definitely still more than enough monsters in the level. I think there will be a lot of people who like this way more than I did...

23 REDEMPTION LEVEL

I didn't know that semi-functional players are possible, so the first time I didn't trust the hint Fail Yet a really nice bonus level.

24 AUTOMATIC MINING MACHINE

Definitely a fun level and clever mechanic.

25 CONSTANT COMPANION

A nice concept and a fun level.

26 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT

I really liked the bowling balls on railroads - well, more time on ice than on tracks - even if not that hard, still took me some tries to find out what I was supposed to do.

27 DETECTIVE STORY

Edit: Now solved it, the obvious way was really misleading me, but once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it seems, must be the solution to the great detective story.

28 FACES IN THE MIRROR

It's an easy fun level, really nice, and again a great idea.

Let's come to the summary of the levels by rating them on a scale from 1 to 5. 1 doesn't mean that I didn't like something, or something was extremely easy, I just set them into relation to each other (and just within this levelset), and since all levels in this set are really good, and a lot are pretty hard, some get a 1 in some categories, some a 5... This is really subjective and probably others will completely disagree... For each one how much I liked the concept ©, the difficulty of the puzzle / to find out what to do (D), how hard it was to execute the solution (E) and how much fun I had in the process / playing the level (F)

Code:
C D E F
01: 2 1 2 1
02: 4 3 2 4
03: 1 5 1 2
04: 1 2 4 2
05: 3 5 4 2
06: 5 4 3 3
07: 4 2 2 3
08: 2 1 1 3
09: 4 4 3 4
10: 4 1 1 4
11: 5 4 5 3
12: 4 2 3 3
13: 5 5 2 5
14: 5 5 2 4
15: 3 1 4 2
16: 3 1 3 4
17: 1 1 5 1
18: 3 1 4 4
19: 3 1 1 3
20: 2 3 5 2
21: 3 2 1 4
22: 1 2 5 1
23: 4 1 1 4
24: 5 1 2 5
25: 4 1 1 5
26: 5 3 2 5
27: 5 5 1 5
28: 5 2 1 5

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by _H_ - 21-Jun-2015, 5:54 PM