Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
I downloaded this set some time ago, but it's taken me a long time to get you some feedback, since many of your levels are harder than a bulletproof vest wrapped around a steel pole Wink . This is not a bad thing, of course. I think the idea for you levelset is intriguing and I surely was challenged while playing it. Here's my feedback, highly subjective as usual. Feel free to take what you want from it and leave what you don't want Slight smile.

1 HOARDER

I'm gonna have to agree with _H_ on this one. It's certainly not an attractive level to be met by as the first in the set. I think I spent more time looking at my inventory than the actual playing screen. Not a big fan.

2 PUSH AND PULL

Now this one is much more fun! The constricted space and shortness of the level makes this one a winner. I thought there was some hiking boots underneath one of the blocks, and that was the way you was gonna get the bonuses.

3 ONE LESS'N BEFORE

I kind of think the solution is to

[Click to Show Content]
. I never managed to pull that off. It's a intriguing puzzle, one which looks practically impossible with so few elements. But yeah, I was not able to win this one.

4 THOUGHTFUL

The idea was interesting, that you're this substitute teacher who needs to set your rebellious, teenage ant students straight and shape them into regular, upstanding ant citizens. It was pretty hard though, I never got it to work even after numerous attempts. But I liked the design of the level. Maybe a bit fewer ants would make this one more enjoyable.

5 POOL OF THE ACURSED

I haven't been able to figure this one out, seems very hard. Will get back to you about it.

6 SPIRIT PORTAL

This one is really cool! It's one of the level which takes the old CC1 map and creates an entirely new situation that still sits well with the old map. It's really tricky to get it right and mindbending to think the steps ahead required to pull it off. Very cool concept.

7 IF WALLS COULD SPEAK

This one was very enjoyable to play through. Doppelganger-controlling missions are great when you can turn off the control and walk around and plan ahead. I had a good time with this one.

8 SHE'S GOT A TICKET

I'm not a big fan of railroad-track heavy levels, mostly due to me having a hard time to see where each track leads. The shortness of this one made up for it though, but due to my personal bias, not one of my favorites. But it was neatly designed.

9 OL' STUNT BANDS

Very cool level with many interesting and eye-popping puzzles. This one was a blast to play through. I don't know if you regard it as a bust, but I kind of stacked up on some extra bowling balls in the block destroying room and used them to kill off a few bouncing balls as to make it easier for me (I liked that I was able to do that). I think it's cool that its a full fledged NUTS AND BOLTS sequel with the same concept of different rooms with separate puzzles, only this time they're only based around CC2-mechanics.

10 PROBING ACTUALITY

I had a good time walking around a popping ice blocks into chips Slight smile One of those levels which isn't hard but still satisfying.

11 AROUND THE CORNER

Terrific concept that translates into a fun experience experimenting with the tanks. Definitely one of the strongest level so far. My only improvement suggested would be maybe making the third tanks path easier, and maybe putting ice on those long stretches you have to walk for the chips and bonuses. I had Cock Robin's song "Just Around The Corner" stuck in my head the whole time playing it Teeth .

12 HASHTAGS

Honestly, I think this level is really charming and cute. I had a fun time playing it and think it I think it earns it's spot in the set Slight smile.

That's how far I've come. More feedback when I beat more levels Slight smile .
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by Pulluxx - 06-Jul-2015, 3:13 PM