Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
Part two of my review Slight smile

13 GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

Haven't beaten it yet, but it's a really clever level.

14 TELEBLAST

This level is really cool! I just wish I could wrap my head around how to beat it, I'm pretty stuck as is. Looking forward to when I get further on it Thumbs up

15 FORCE ANXIETY

I had a really hard time on this level at first. I came back some time later and won it in my first try. It's a decent level, not one of my favorites though, but it earns it's spot.

16 CAREENING

This was one of the most fun levels in my opinion. I played through it twice, the second time to get the bonus. Really good twist on Cellblocked, which was a level I really didn't like back then.

17 DEADLY SMILE

At first I had a really hard time with this level, and I somehow didn't understand the hint. After I got the hint the level still was pretty difficult to pull off due to the plethora of pink balls and the need to remain in motion at all times. However, eventually I got into the groove, and once I had figured out a suitable plan for execution it was actually quite fun. It's a very cool concept, which is what gave me such diligence Slight smile

18 DUNGEON QUEST

I really wanted to like this level, but it's too frustrating. This has the potential to become the Blobnet of the set, in my opinion. I have tried a lot of times but always screwed up, so I've pretty much given up on it. I think it could be fun if it were way less monsters.

19 ROVER SWAPPER

Unfortunately the random behavior of the rover messed a bit with my enjoyability of the level. It's a cool concept as always, but with the tight time limit it feels a bit out of your hands how it's gonna go (I finished it with just 5 seconds left on the clock). The speed boots mitigates this to a certain extent, but it still wasn't one of my favorites.

20 MISBEHAVIOR

I will get back to you about this one. It's really hard Teeth

Is it a spoof on the Kool-Aid Man? (maybe that was super obvious)

21 INTERNET FREEZE

This one took me several tries to beat, I always ended up with a few chips left when the time was up (the time limit was fine though, with a longer one it would probably be too easy). Very nice aesthetically and in my opinion a bit tricky. I liked this one.

22 EVER PASSING MOMENT

It's a very cool 'dance' pattern you have designed but it's way too much to keep track of for me. Probably not gonna finish it.

23 REDEMPTION LEVEL

Very cool mechanic, no question about it. A nice twist of Blobnet Slight smile

24 AUTOMATIC MINING MACHINE

It feels like I'm a broken record at this point, but... very cool mechanic! Smiley This one was really fun to play, originally I didn't know that your direction controlled what way the bowling balls went, so I was a bit frustrated at first. Once I got it, it became much more fun. It requires a lot of carefulness to get through however, which eventually puts you into a certain mindset. Really like this level.

25 CONSTANT COMPANION

I actually had a really fun time with this one, the level is super-cute. It's very straight-forward but also fun to execute.

26 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT

At first I was flabbergasted at what to do in this level, it was a lot to take in. Once I got through that first part I had a good time with the level. I didn't comprehend the switch problem around the bug, so I solved it by just randomly hammering the switches Confused. Another of those levels where you've really taken the original level's layout and made something completely different with it.

27 DETECTIVE STORY

This. My favorite level, no question. Awesome in how mystic it appears at first, how you will need to revert your conventional CC-solving thinking, in how it beautifully bastardizes Go With The Flow into creating a level that in some ways is the anti-thesis to it, great use of monsters. Very nice bonus which feels rewarding to get. I think it's fair, fun with a medium difficulty. It's a tricky level, but I like levels like that Wink

28 FACES IN THE MIRROR

Very cool level again, with a good difficulty, had it been harder I think it would have felt a bit annoying, but as it is it's a very satisfactory and cool-looking level to play through.

Are there any plans to continue this levelset? I know you have some troubles getting access to CC2, which is a shame, but I'd really like to see more of this experiment (or just more levels from you in general). Your levels are extremely creative and unique. Even the levels I don't like I want to like because of the handiwork Tongue.
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by Pulluxx - 25-Jul-2015, 4:16 PM