Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
I'll continue my feedback, for now with the next ten levels.

Rating: Concept and Design / Puzzle Difficulty / Action Difficulty / Fun

29 TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY ICE MAZE
A great level, I really liked it. Especially the bottom part is really complex, and took me a long time to figure out. Overall I needed roughly 3 times the 800s Rolling eyes
5/5/2/4

030 BUTTON SMASHER (MISHMESH)
A cool concept. I think however, it would work better, if the level would be a bit smaller. I would definitely prefer a time limit of 900s, since a specially at the beginning the inverted walls are quite confusing, and it takes a while to get used to them.
4/4/1/3

031 PRETZEL (KNOT)
I guess, you put the chips on the railroad switches, to not make it too easy... But I think this really backfires, since you have to find out, where you can choose your direction, and where not, and therefore it's just solvable via trial and error. It's doable since the level is short enough, but not a logically solvable puzzle. Without having to unraveling the knot blindly, this level would get way higher ratings from me Raised eyebrow
2/3/1/2

032 SWIVEL MAZE (SCAVENGER HUNT)
I don't think I had to use the revolving door mechanic to solve the level, just for shortcuts. This way an easy and fun level.
3/2/1/4

033 FIGHTING FIRE WITH ICE
Since around in a third of the cases, you are unable, to push a block down, without stepping from the buttons in another direction, you can't push the down button to immediately push the up button again, or you will end up in the fire. So putting ice blocks on some of the buttons seems the better idea, to bridge around at other places, with the same problem, but without dieing because you can't push every block. And the third option of cause, have a lot more patience, and work just with single ice blocks all day long... Except for the fun of crazy cloning action, this level didn't provide that much more, except the recollection of ON THE ROCKS, which was cool, but can't be in my rating.
2/2/3/1

034 RELICS OF A LOST AGE
A nice concept and a well done level. Not to tricky, but required educated guesses (because you were not able to see what lies ahead) at one or two occasions to be solved.
4/2/1/3

035 STACKS
Too much dodging for me, at least for now...

036 SLIDESHOW SIDESHOW
A nice and easy level. If the intended solution of the bottom puzzle is not pressing every button twice, and the first one two times more, than it's a bust, but I guess, it is meant this way, and the top rows are just there to make it seem a bit more complex.
4/2/2/5

037 BULLSEYE VILLAGE
Even if I think, there is everywhere more than enough space to dodge, it's quite tricky to keep in mind where the ghosts will go and where the invisible walls are at the same time. I'll save this one for another day...

038 DOUBLE E FINAL
The second room was a bit tedious, I think a 2*3 or 3*2 grid would be sufficient, to make the trivial approach not a real possible solution. Room number eight did confuse me somehow, and I ended up skipping it (I haven't had a second look at it, but if you can mess it up, to make it unsolvable by the wrong steps, that might be the reason). My favorites are number five, because it's fun to watch the signals, and seven, because it's a nice puzzle.
4/4/1/4

039 WHEN MY GOBBLING DAYS ARE OVER
Find a strategy to avoid getting killed, and at the same time get to the exits. Not too hard, but a fun to play level.
3/2/2/4

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by _H_ - 21-Feb-2016, 3:20 PM