Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
040 TANTALIZING BARRIERS
A Great level, definitely one of my favorites. Nothing is misleading, but the correct way is often not that obvious. At several points I had to go through all possible options available to find out what to do, except up to the end, I had no clue how to get the blue key, but than, suddenly, after getting all items, everything started to make sense. B)

5/4/2/5

041 DOWNRIVER PUSH
My first impression was, wow, a lot of block pushing coming up, than I thought, not that hard, there are a lot of blocks, but than I realized, you need a lot of blocks. I have to admit, I have not solved it, I ended drowning chip, or running out of blocks, but before I spend a lot of time, out of curiosity, how strict is the level designed, is it possible to solve the level with wasting a block, or are there just as many as you need, if you do everything in perfect order?

042 BEWARE OF SHAPESHIFTER
It took me a while to get used to the order of transformation, but than it's quite doable.
3/1/4/3

043 SYNCHRONOUS MODE BLOCKING
Another really nice puzzle level, the hardest part for me was to find out how to let timid teeth out; if you are not planing ahead, he might not cooperate with you. Rolling eyes
5/4/3/5

045 FOOTRACE THROUGH FIRE SWAMP
There might be a problem with the level file. When I first played the level, there were several green buttons seemingly randomly in the level, and there was no exit in the level. After having another look at this level today, there is an exit in the level, the hints have text, but there is no way out of the starting area, which looks quite a bit different, but I somehow guess, there should be a yellow door or something...

046 FEARLESS ACROBAT
Great mechanics and a cool design. The only drawback, certain parts get a bit repetitive.

4/2/3/3

047 DAY TRADER ON ICE
The time limit is really tight here, and required several tries. I think five more seconds would be a good idea.
3/2/3/3

048 RETURN STRATEGIES
A great level and really nice puzzles Thumbs up

The fire part was really tricky, and the gravel part harder than it looked at first. The time limit could definitely be even higher, you don't really want to make a dumb misstep later on because of time pressure, and have to redo everything...

5/5/2/5

049 ERRBODY GOT PROBLEMS
Getting the blue keys is relatively simple, getting the last few chips proofed to be not.
3/1/3/3

050 FAVORABLE DISTRIBUTION
I like the idea of the concept, playing it is however a test of patience. The blobs seem to have a tendency, to get through the teleports exactly the tic they get turned of - not really, but the probability gets higher the more blobs are on the other side, to get one back, so not too much fun to play for me.

051 WALKING ON EGGSHELLS
Stepping on a clone button twice in fast succession seems to bust the level, since all doors stay open.

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by _H_ - 24-Feb-2016, 11:39 AM