Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
Here the some more details to the great new levels Slight smile

MARKTKANAAL

Most of the areas are pretty easy by them self, with the ice maze on top of everything, and some areas you have to visit from different sides at different points, this level gets quite long and therefore time limit could be longer. Other than this, a nice and fun to play level Thumbs up

CONQUEST

With all the blobs a real test of patience if you want to play it safe. This type of level, especially that big should imo be untimed.

MY MOTHER SAYS

The constant pining noise starts to get annoying after a time (is it really worth to have this bonus room?). The opening puzzle is interesting, yet I don't understand why you are hiding keys under blocks for no reason, a secret eye would make the puzzle better. The gimmick, the logic gate delay setup is relatively simple for those who knows wiring in cc2 works, for other players probably difficult to figure out. With an eye I like the starting area and especially the basic idea of the puzzle is really cool, the rest of the mandatory part of the level is is essentially just chip collecting but does fill the space in a walls of level quite well Sunglasses

DISINTEGRATOR INTEGRATOR

Really cool, great level. Especially the starting rooms are nice well designed puzzles. The rest is relatively simple, yet slightly lengthy. I think the time limit could be 900 instead of 600 without harm Thumbs up

HOOPLA

A nice easy to medium difficulty level, just the time limit is too short. 800 or 900 sounds good, otherwise players might run out of time on their first try, and have to replay the whole level for no other reason.

SALMON RUN

A good medium difficulty level, I really liked the puzzles Slight smile, and are not too sure if the dodging with the ball and walkers is actually necessary for this type of level.

THE AMAZING VORTEX

The first part due to limited vision a bit of guesswork, but that's fine, since it is the first part of the level, the rest are creative mazes. Just the time limit should be higher again.

A MAN OF MANY LAYERS

An interesting idea for a maze, however there is a lot waiting for monsters which is partly why it was not necessarily my favorite to play.

NURSERY GAMES

Pretty easy fun level, in the first section death is possible, in this regard I wish there would be an indication to go right first, but since it's pretty short, it doesn't matter too much.

GREENLIGHT

A push up wall maze with toggle and slightly visually confusing aesthetics, it took me several tries to finish it, even thought it's not that strict, but there are bottle necks, especially if you don't know how many chips and bombs there are, but it's short enough to be fun.

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by H2O - 18-Jan-2018, 11:40 AM