May 2015 Mini Challenge - funfair0 puzzles
The levels have been posted!

So I promised some more detailed rules:

1) Solve the levels #12, #15, #21, #25, #27 in the set funfair0.
2) You will receive 1 Chip Cup point for each of these levels you solve.
3) Alternately, solve three of any of the other levels up to #24 in place of the five levels. (Maximum points still 5.)
4) Post your progress below. You may email me solutions if you wish, but not all solutions are required like this.
5) Be prepared to give some sort of proof if I ask for it. This might be in the form of a question or sending the solution to me.
6) The set might need updates, but for our purposes here we will just use the first version.

7) This challenge is open for three weeks, so the deadline is Saturday, May 30th where you live.

8) I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on any of the levels. Which of the five is your favorite or least favorite? How about the whole set?
9) Enjoy. Ask for details that I didn't think about if needed.

A few comments about these five levels. I like each of them for a bit of a different reason, but find all of them to be a bit too difficult to really be the best levels ever, as not all the concepts I come up with work well as CC levels. I think the best levels in the set are not included in this challenge, but it would be great to hear if you disagree.

#12 - Dodecaphobia

You will notice that I like pop-up walls and the puzzles they can create. This one was supposed to be a pop-up wall maze with a little bit of action included. I guess it still is, but the combination is pretty deadly Wink
#15 - A Slapstick Tragedy

This one came about because of a discussion on the annexcafe newsgroup. I wasn't sure if I could make it work in both MS and Lynx, so do tell me if it isn't solvable in one of them, because I might have uploaded the version that is missing a block or something.

#21 - Seven Queens

My first version was 'Six Queens' but then I found a way to save some room. I really wanted to make 'Eight Queens' but there was no way that would fit. I have no clue if this is a very easy puzzle or mind numbingly difficult. Let's at least hope the mechanism isn't broken and the level busted as a result.

#25 - Five by Five

This is the second level in the set which you could get a taste of in my previous set, kidsfair, this one just doesn't allow you to go back. You really need a map for this and it still shouldn't be easy. Somehow I like it but don't think this is for everyone.

#27 - Class is in Session

This is the first level I ever released and I am using it in this competition because I do not know if anyone ever solved it. I am happy with how I combined the theme and the puzzles, but I know that the end result is way too difficult and even annoying. I had hoped to make a mechanism with the fireball that would be interesting to optimize because you could control the lengths of the 'classes', but I think getting stuck in the 'corridors' for long periods of time was not ideal. Also, going to the 'lockers' to change items became a much too difficult item swapper. The level is much easier if you replace the locks at the end with the four elements, which I have done in my rejects set.

I very much appreciate any and all feedback and reactions to the set and levels. Already I have heard some while typing this, so thank you. If I die today, this set is one of my biggest achievements in life (well, ok, at least in the CC World). I am very slow at making levels, and getting to 25 felt really awesome to me. I included a bunch of levels I made for CC Zone as bonus levels just so you can get a grasp of the other work I have done too. Maybe some day I will finish the set and make it a full 50 levels.

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
May 2015 Mini Challenge - funfair0 puzzles - by M11k4 - 08-May-2015, 10:44 PM