March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings
Gee, the messages that I sent with my submissions should have only had Swiped Away and Sub Station Alpha for Lynx, and Serendipity, Skeptic Debunked and Seaweed for MS entered in the competition. You even put in Standard Email Attachment Limit after I had withdrawn it from the competition. I guess that's what I get for telling ya to use whatever fits. And why add all the updates to the compilation? Wouldn't the most recent files do? Do you have something against updating submissions? When I first saw all the updates in the set I had thought you were inspired to make an educational statement about level design, like "Notice how trap placement can affect game play" or something, and have been waiting anxiously for your comments. I guess we'll have to settle for these types of comments instead.

Your comment on Sub Station Alpha - "... but rather set it up so that it is clear you aren't supposed to push it (the block) down into the bombs."

How is it not clear that the bombs are taken out by the ants before you even get a chance to move the block? Besides, you can see when picking up the chips in the popup walls section that the block cannot be moved through the area. Your comment is sort of moot.

"I don't like the use of a teleport here." I didn't really like the teleport at that location either. you made a good suggestion to move the top half of the level to the other side or something. I didn't consider that while making the level because my only goal was to make it unsolvable in MS.

"the room is not beginner friendly if they don't know about blocks sliding off traps"
I did not consider this to be a beginner-friendly-level-only competition.

You may notice that I am not angry, but just questioning your intent. I hope you at least enjoyed playing them. Didn't you?

Messages In This Thread
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 26-Mar-2015, 10:05 AM
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 10-Apr-2015, 12:48 PM
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by Syzygy - 10-Apr-2015, 3:37 PM