March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings
Hi guys.

Syzygy, thanks for being open with your thoughts. I'm sorry for releasing all your levels and versions of the levels without checking with you. It was also my mistake that I included either version of "Silhouettes de 101 Apparitions" as part of the competition. I am also not against updating submissions, in fact quite the opposite, so let me explain what I did with your levels. As you sent them in, I always downloaded the latest versions and, mostly for my own enjoyment, I took a look at the changes and also to make sure you hadn't broken a level by accident. When it came time to close the competition, the set I had compiled for my own use had all your updates and I thought it might be a cool insight for others too, to see how the levels evolved. This is not the final version of the compiled set that I had imagined, but as I rushed to release the levels, I made to the call to include all of the submissions in this first release. As for the way you update your levels by sending in all of them over again when you make changes or add new ones is really the easiest and most reasonable way for me to receive them. I should just use the latest one if I wasn't so interested in the details myself. I did enjoy your levels very much, so when I pick it apart with things like complaining about the first block in "Sub Station Alpha", maybe I am being a bit too picky. When I played it I must have been tired and when I first pushed the block down and into the bomb (as I went there first), I was simply frustrated by my own stupidity; as a result I was not fair to the area in my review of it yesterday. I have yet to write my comments on the other levels, and then I need to figure out how to rank the participants too, so I hope you can still forgive me and still wait for those anxiosly Slight smile

IceyLava108, the part about there being too much block slapping in "Squares" was just a reference to how it repeats itself a bit too much; maybe the item swapping would only require Chip to go around the first room just once, and maybe the path in the second room could be a bit less symmetric. What I said about "Bonfire" did not connect with the other level in my mind, but now that you brought it up it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Would you want to make a new level where you combine the two submissions? Send it to me and we can include it as another 'bonus level' in the next release!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 26-Mar-2015, 10:05 AM
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 10-Apr-2015, 12:48 PM
March 2015 Create Competition - Rulings - by M11k4 - 11-Apr-2015, 9:18 AM