February 2015 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP2
Hi guys.

I usually like to post the levels, the results, and some reasoning for my ranking all at the same time. This time however, I have had a pretty busy month and there were more submissions than ever before. I also received continual requests to see the levels. As a result, I have decided to release them and the ranking, but you will have to wait for me to explain some of my reasoning. I'll just say that it wasn't the easiest task I've had to rank these, but I didn't want to cop out either by clumping more levels into ties than I needed. Here's what I ended up with:

1. Eric119________ The Toggle Station

2. random 8_______ Tracing Constellations

3. lookatthis_____ Feeble Existence

4. chipster1059___ A Moment of Tooth

5. Flareon350_____ Asphalt Line

6. Ihavenoname248_ Treasure Quest

7. J.B. Lewis_____ Chilled to the Bone

7. KeyboardWielder Inside the Box

7. Syzygy_________
Flightpath

7. rockdet________
Presentiment

11.Minus3k2_______
Thinkbox

11.Hornlitz_______
Movin' Out

11.RB3ProKeys_____
Simple Keys

11.geodave________
UglyBirds

11.Cyberdog_______ Aces High

11.James__________ Guaranteed to be the dumbest level in this competition

Congratulations to the winner, Eric!

With sixteen participants and 41 submitted levels, this has been the largest create competition to date. To me that fact alone is very cool! I picked my favorite level from each designer and then ranked those against each other. The rest of the levels are released in the order of the levels they were based on in CCLP2. Oh yeah, you can get all the levels here. I would love to hear your thoughts on the levels and why you think my ranking is totally off. My ranking is pretty subjective and I hope to have the time to explain some of it before the month is out. There were many stellar entries that could easily be ranked higher, so if you are a designer that is feeling this for their own level, I suggest you look at the next few levels on the list and maybe you'll be wondering why they in turn were not ranked higher than your level to too. (Does that make sense?) Anyway, I hope you try out the levels submitted by others and then join in again this month for the current competition!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
February 2015 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP2 - by M11k4 - 11-Mar-2015, 5:02 PM