2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4
<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">Chipsters,

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">What a year it’s been! We’ve seen the end of CCLP1 voting, the release of CCLP1, the integration of the remaining CC elements into Chuck’s Challenge, competitions left and right here on CCZone, and much more. As the CCLP1 staff coordinator, I just wanted to write one final announcement-style message to close out 2014 and look at what’s to come.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">First, to everyone who voted on, downloaded, and played CCLP1, thank you! On behalf of the CCLP1 staff, I hope you’ve enjoyed the set and the story that accompanied it over the past several months. We certainly had a fun time voting alongside you, tabulating the results, and debating about what the final selection was going to look like.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">Second, to everyone who’s looking ahead to CCLP4: although I’ve mentioned this in various messages here on CCZone, I just wanted to make it official for anyone who’s wondering - I do not intend to be the staff coordinator for CCLP4. I’d like to focus my efforts in the months ahead on grooming someone new for this position and passing the torch to whomever the community selects as their candidate to lead the CCLP4 project.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">For now, I just want to use my past experience with CCLP3 and CCLP1 to work with the community to determine what the process of building CCLP4 will even look like so we have an idea of what the time commitment for the staff in turn might look like before moving forward. Hopefully, that additional definition will inspire some within our community to step forward and volunteer for the staff. Basically, I’d like to do as much as I can to make the process, particularly pre-voting, much simpler than it was for sets past so there won’t be a huge burden or time commitment on the staff and, by extension, voters. You can see some of the ideas we’ve been tossing around in the “For anyone who’s on the CCLP4 staff” thread, which is located here. Feel free to contribute and join the discussion!

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">Also, for those who may have missed it, Michael Warner posted a call for CCLP4 submissions on the newsgroup. I’d like to second that call and post about it here so hopefully it gains a bit more exposure. Although there is no CCLP4 staff, website, or official list of submitted levels in place yet, this is more for the benefit of designers, particularly those who aren’t active community members, who’d like to go ahead and enter their creations into the submission pool without having to wait even longer for that period to open. You can see a spreadsheet I’ve created with many of the submitted sets (particularly those from the CCLP1 process) listed here. In the months to come, as more sets are submitted, I hope we can all contribute as a community and playtest these levels for compatibility / bust issues to lighten the load on the future CCLP4 staff. This is arguably what’s held up the production of past sets the most, so if we can make this as easy on the staff as we can, that would be amazing.

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">I’ve also written a blog post about why I believe we’re in a good place to go forward with CCLP4 in the near future here. Be sure to give it a read and let me know what your thoughts are!

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">Here’s to another fine year of chipping. Thumbs up Happy 2015, everyone!

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">J.B. Lewis

<span style="font-size:15px;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">CCLP1 Staff Coordinator

Messages In This Thread
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by jblewis - 01-Jan-2015, 2:24 PM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 02-Jan-2015, 2:29 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by Syzygy - 04-Jan-2015, 12:52 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by PB_guy - 05-Jan-2015, 11:59 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by Syzygy - 05-Jan-2015, 12:21 PM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 06-Jan-2015, 7:13 AM
2014 Wrapup and Looking Ahead to CCLP4 - by jblewis - 07-Jan-2015, 11:06 AM