Poll: Which of the following do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CHIPS.EXE
17.65%
9 17.65%
Tile World
23.53%
12 23.53%
Tile World 2
39.22%
20 39.22%
More than one
19.61%
10 19.61%
I am so special I have an Atari Lynx with Chip's Challenge
0%
0 0%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CHIPS.EXE, Tile World, or Tile World 2?
Quote:But I like tileworld better for one thing; the movement is easier. I remember how in MS if you hold down a key and let go, chip moves 1 extra move after letting go. So you have to get used to letting go of the key early.
This is probably one of the main reasons why I don't want to play TW. I'm so used to this way of playing. Perhaps because CC is virtually the only computer game I ever play.

When I was in 4th grade, about 18 years ago, my teacher brought a few old computers to the classroom for us to use. They were even old for that time and had black screens with only green print, and used those large thin floppy discs. We had two games on floppies that we played every break: snake and city bomb. In snake, the snake was a line of O's and the head was an Ö, and every time it ate a green square it expanded with a few O's in lenght. To play, we used only two buttons, A and Ä (on each side of the keyboard), one index finger on each. A to turn the snake clockwise and Ä for counterclockwise. So instead of thinking which direction you wanted to go (up, down, left, right), you needed to know if that meant moving clockwise or not. Long story short, I never got as good at the following generations of snake where I had to use the arrows, even if that really should be simpler.

Messages In This Thread
CHIPS.EXE, Tile World, or Tile World 2? - by Hash1 - 20-Jan-2014, 12:31 PM
CHIPS.EXE, Tile World, or Tile World 2? - by Ida - 10-Feb-2014, 6:07 PM