Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion
Quote:19 (Against the Floe) - Typo by any chance?

Not at all. Slight smile

Quote:9 (Easier Than It Looks) - Holy s**t that fireball section freaked me out at first. Nice idea. 4/5.

This is probably one of my favorite levels ever in the entirety of voting. I love the idea of a level that looks really hard but in which none of the chips are actually required and in which you can basically make a beeline for the exit. I hope I'm not alone in suggesting that this could very well be a wonderful "relief" level toward the end of the set after more difficult (at least for first-time players) levels.

Quote:27 (Nitroglycerin) - Love the idea, and well made level.

This is another one of my favorites as well. As a veteran, my first reaction to seeing a level with fireballs in traps to be released, bombs to be blown up, and chips to collect was that this was going to be a CCLP3-esque challenge in which the player needed to be wary of removing chips so that the fireball could destroy specific bombs in order to make the level winnable. However, none of that was the case. The fireballs are always destined to destroy the same bombs, no matter what, and the fun of the level is discovering what new section is waiting to be explored. The "maze" aspect of the level has a unique aesthetic as well, one that abandons the straight corridors of most mazes and strategically places the boundaries such that the paths are more twisty, and the bombs really do feel like they're a part of a minefield with an arbitrary-looking but strategically-placed-in-reality layout. (See Markus_CCLP1's "Slime Cave" for another excellent example of this type of maze design.) And on top of that, the level wisely avoids the pitfall of overstaying its welcome and filling up the entire map with more bombs and more fireballs to be sent to their deaths. All in all, I heartily recommend this for CCLP1. It's the little things like this that ultimately make the difference, not just enjoyability.

Quote:Edit - just gotta add one more level - 45 (Medley) - I thought were eliminating levels like this. That one's also mine, by the way.

Based on the performance of "REW" in voting so far, as well as the community reaction since voting started, these sorts of levels most likely won't make it into CCLP1, but we allowed some of the best (this one, "FFW," and "REW") to have a place in voting. See my post on the Giraffe thread for a complete explanation of the reasoning behind this decision.

Messages In This Thread
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 04-Aug-2013, 10:20 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by Zommy08 - 05-Aug-2013, 10:48 AM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 08-Aug-2013, 10:57 AM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by mobius - 05-Nov-2013, 8:14 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 11-Nov-2013, 11:59 AM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by Eric119 - 11-Nov-2013, 5:33 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by mobius - 13-Nov-2013, 8:54 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by AdrenalinDragon - 15-Nov-2013, 1:44 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by M11k4 - 09-Dec-2013, 5:29 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 09-Dec-2013, 10:20 PM
Jacuzzi Pack - Discussion - by M11k4 - 10-Dec-2013, 4:24 AM