Helmet Pack - Discussion
Some thoughts and comments on the Helmet Pack:

#4 (Blue Forest Fire) - An interesting maze level with a good degree of purpose and variety that lifts it above other blue wall mazes. The maze fall prey to predictability so infrequently (if at all) that I didn't notice, which scores it high marks from me.

#9 (Basketball) - A few nice twists on a typical CC1 LESSON 3 level. There is a hint in the editor, but no hint tile exists in the level.

#17 (Survival Skills) - I found the bug/glider room in the NE quite tough, as it's difficult to time the snatching of chips away from the bugs and make it in/out of the glider train.

#22 (Single Celled) - This level needs a marginally higher time limit - I understand that it should be played with somewhat of a restrictive time limit given there are no methods of dying in the level other than running out of time, but even with relatively error-free runs, I still ran out of time on multiple occasions (twice only one square from the exit >.<) I'd be curious to know the best time anyone has got on this level, because it can't be far off a single-figure time.

#33 (Oh, It's Magic) - The pink ball teleport slide (never thought I'd say that) - is annoyingly difficult to interpret and time correctly. Thankfully this level is rather short.

#40 (Peanutbutter Jelly Time) - When I finished this level I got the feeling something was supposed to have happened, but didn't. I had no interference from the gliders at all, and all in all this level just felt a little disappointing.

#43 (Shark Tank) - I might have just been having a bad day, but this level took me an absolute age to solve. Required a lot of thinking outside of the box, which is a good thing of course.

#45 (Mountain Cavern) - I really liked this level. it was intriguing to see everything laid out from the get-go and have it slowly become accessible to you as you progress, which meant the backtracking and itemswapping didn't feel like a chore at all. The random MS or Lynx section in the N was a little odd, but a great level nonetheless.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl

Messages In This Thread
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 25-Jun-2013, 10:59 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by M11k4 - 26-Jun-2013, 2:25 AM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by Syzygy - 26-Jun-2013, 5:11 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by jbdude55 - 10-Sep-2013, 2:36 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 10-Sep-2013, 10:12 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by Lessinath - 29-Sep-2013, 4:06 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by jbdude55 - 01-Oct-2013, 9:44 AM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by mobius - 23-Dec-2013, 8:33 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by morganp1 - 10-Feb-2014, 10:43 PM
Helmet Pack - Discussion - by M11k4 - 12-Feb-2014, 11:52 AM