March 2013 Time Trial
Here are the levels for this month's time trial:

http://cczone.invisi...ccz-tt-1303ccl/

I worked on these levels quite a bit, so I am interested to see how you guys respond to them. The first one, Hexominos
, is partially inspired by the previous time trial levels from August 2009 and January 2012. All of these are relatively simple to chip collecting missions, but to do so optimally is no easy task. The other level, Nested Replay
, is my attempt to make a level where you can pick which rooms to visit. There are four quadrants, each with four rooms, but you only need to visit three quadrants and three rooms in each of those quadrants. Once I get a submission or two, I will post some more comments on making the levels.

If you know the routine, you are set to go. Enjoy!

Here are more details if you must know:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the levels #2- #3 wins! You may enter in either Lynx or MS, with the latter being the primary rules (meaning that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category). Ties in overall score won't be broken.

2) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to me at valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.

3) The levels shouldn't be too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. To give an idea of how long the solutions are to the levels, eat a doughnut and that should take about as much time.

4) This is part of the new 2013 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. If your name is James, I will write you a poem and post it in my blog.

5) Submission deadline is at the end of the month. In practice this means I will post here during the first week of April announcing that no more submissions will be accepted, and judge the competition soon after that. This can happen sooner than you hope, so get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competitions is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

6) I reserve the right to update the levels within the first week of release. If you find any odd things about the levels, please give me a nudge. I will only apply changes that make the competition better, which means I might fix a ridiculous bust or some other aspect that is obviously meant to work in some other fashion. If any updates are made, I will alert you in this thread. However, no updates will be made after March 12th in any case.

Report any problems or ask any questions here! Have fun! Blob

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
March 2013 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 04-Mar-2013, 11:22 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by jblewis - 06-Mar-2013, 7:58 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 07-Mar-2013, 3:33 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 12-Mar-2013, 4:14 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by Flareon350 - 19-Mar-2013, 3:07 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 26-Mar-2013, 5:19 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by jblewis - 31-Mar-2013, 1:14 PM
March 2013 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 02-Apr-2013, 2:32 AM
March 2013 Time Trial - by Flareon350 - 02-Apr-2013, 2:36 AM