What song are you listening to right now?

This album, of the same name, is becoming extremely personal to me, as it is reflecting much of what I have been through in the past months and what I hope to accomplish with the rest of my life before moving onwards. One can interpret the album title as undergoing a rebirth: personal, spiritual or philosophical. This piece is probably the heaviest on the album, most definitely metal compared to the less heavy pieces I've previously posted. The vocalist is extremely talented and sings his throat out, rallying against the darkness that has overtaken the world; the guitar work, from sludgy riffs to crashing chords, a blistering solo at 3:52, and a fragile, hopeful coda at 5:37, is dynamic, crunchy and exciting; the drummer's lumbering hands and agile fills crash amidst the ruins in this battle for the future. Perhaps this explains the kind of music I appreciate the most; give this song a spin whoever you are. Images of Eden are inspired by forces I cannot comprehend.

Messages In This Thread
What song are you listening to right now? - by ManipulatorGeneral - 04-May-2012, 8:57 PM