What is your current avatar on CC Zone?
Quote:What I remember is that Calvin wanted to bring Hobbes out to dinner with the family, and his dad convinced him not to by saying "He might eat someone." Think that might have been my first exposure to the greatness.

Haha! I think when Calvin tells Hobbes what his dad said, Hobbes says something like, "That's true. I can never stay on a diet in a restaurant." Classic!

My first exposure to Calvin was the "series" (it was only two strips) when he decides to make a newspaper reporting the events around his household. He turns into a yellow journalist when it comes to his mom preparing dinner ("Knife-wielding mother hacks ichthyoid! Surburban family devours game in vicious ritual!"), and he turns his dad into the subject of a comic strip called "Dopey Dad." I wish Watterson had run further with that storyline.

After that, I read the strips where Calvin sends away for the Beanie, waits forever to get it, and then, when it finally arrives (I think we can all relate to this), it's a massive disappointment. But at least it came in a cool cardboard box!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.

Messages In This Thread
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by PB_guy - 02-Apr-2012, 11:15 AM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by Ida - 05-Apr-2012, 6:53 AM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by Markus - 08-Apr-2012, 10:17 AM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by BitBuster - 08-Apr-2012, 10:58 AM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by Hash1 - 07-Nov-2013, 12:32 PM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by daud - 11-Nov-2013, 3:58 AM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by mobius - 07-Jan-2014, 11:12 PM
What is your current avatar on CC Zone? - by PB_guy - 12-Mar-2014, 11:51 AM