March 2012: Treasure Hunter competition
A lynx requirement. Interesting.

To help others out, my route is one move away from the next 5 second mark, so if you feel your route is quite good, I think you don't need to squeeze out every last possible trick from the book. (I'd like to see said book actually...) I won't work on the level any more either :-)

In the future, should we change this timing rule to be compared to the best time achieved and not so dependent on the actual time limit? This could be calculated by subtracting a point for every 5/10 seconds you are slower than the best time. So if you know your route is decent, but don't feel like getting all the boosting right,or randomness, you'd still be fine. I think it might serve well to distuinguish the TH from the TT like this. It would help take the focus off the time limit in this format, as long as the level itself has some sort of mechanism that doesn't allow for all the points to be collected at once.

I also recently posted some more thoughts on the competitions in a blog entry here on CC Zone, so check that out too :-)

Messages In This Thread
March 2012: Treasure Hunter competition - by M11k4 - 24-Mar-2012, 12:26 AM
March 2012: Treasure Hunter competition - by ajmiam - 14-Apr-2012, 10:54 PM
March 2012: Treasure Hunter competition - by M11k4 - 22-Apr-2012, 10:58 AM